• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD2 Vaccinations - How Much Did You Pay?

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I took Lady Jane and Mr. Beau Brambles for their VHD2 vaccs today and got the shcok of my life when I was charged £141.04! I had forgotten to ask how much they would be when I booked them in, but thought it would be a round the £40 each mark.

The invoice is itemised, and for each bunny it says: "1.00 x Vaccinate Rabbit - RVHD2. VHD2 vac - Filavac Vhd K C+v (sic) x 1.00 - Net £58.77, VAT £11.75, Total £70.52"

I want to query the charge, as no-one I've spoken to on FB has paid anywhere near this, and I just wondered what you guys had all paid for your VHD2 vaccinations?

There is another topic a couple of days ago which showed a huge variation in prices.
We paid £45 per bunny, I thought that was excessive

There is another topic a couple of days ago which showed a huge variation in prices.
We paid £45 per bunny, I thought that was excessive

Thanks - I'll see if I can find the other thread :) I want to be able to email my vets and link to this thread so that they can see the variation in prices.

I took Lady Jane and Mr. Beau Brambles for their VHD2 vaccs today and got the shcok of my life when I was charged £141.04! I had forgotten to ask how much they would be when I booked them in, but thought it would be a round the £40 each mark.

The invoice is itemised, and for each bunny it says: "1.00 x Vaccinate Rabbit - RVHD2. VHD2 vac - Filavac Vhd K C+v (sic) x 1.00 - Net £58.77, VAT £11.75, Total £70.52"

I want to query the charge, as no-one I've spoken to on FB has paid anywhere near this, and I just wondered what you guys had all paid for your VHD2 vaccinations?

:shock:

Have a look here (start from the end) to find a few more prices.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456446-RHD2-Vaccine-*UPDATED*-26TH-October-2016

I posted a thread about it the other day. Vets near me wanted to charge £72 per bunny. No one else who replied to my thread paid anywhere near as much!

I paid £35 which is more than other places are going it locally but I wanted it done as soon as possible .

My own vets wanted to charge me about £90 I think as a special order it in just for me because at the time they wasn't offering it at all.

Thanks all.

See, I didn't think it had been ordered in specially - the vets had sent a newsletter round about it a few months ago, and when I was passing I called in and asked if it was available, the receptionist said she check and give me a call. She called later that day to say yes it was in, and I booked an appointment for 2 days after that - so I doubt very much that it was ordered in especially.

Those numbers look remarkably familiar as the actual cost price for a pack of five from the wholesaler. I wonder if they've just made an error in seeing the pack price and marking it up as a single dose price?

Those numbers look remarkably familiar as the actual cost price for a pack of five from the wholesaler. I wonder if they've just made an error in seeing the pack price and marking it up as a single dose price?

I thought the same

Back