• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whiskey seeks lovely human

Hi

Whereabouts are you located? I am possibly looking for another buns. I have two bonded bunnies at the moment and am looking to hopefully bond another one with them.

Sorry a few questions...

Is Whiskey spayed?

Also can I ask if she is a "laid back" rabbit as my 2 are very laid back and docile and I wouldn't want to introduce a very dominant rabbit to them as it might upset them?

Also is she a house rabbit or an outdoor rabbit? My two were house rabbits but have recently moved and now have to keep them in a large shed as we are renting and one of the (big) downsides is that we can't keep the buns indoors. Still they have a very big garden to make up for it!

Sorry last question, also can I ask what breed she is (if known)

Thanks

Amelia

Emilou, why is Whiskey a stupid name? We have a rabbit called Whiskey and she's got a first date with a rabbit called Haggis tomorrow :D

Firstly I apologise for saying Whiskey is a stupid name, I meant to offend no person or bunny...Whiskey is a lovely name as is Haggis :wink:

My boyfriend has a very misguided younger sister who used to turn up at home with various animals she had aquired. From god knows where...but its not all her fault. When me and him used to visit his mums house there would always be a new animal there which would invariably be pregnant. The sister has been stopped from this activity thankfully now and Whiskey is the only animal left, the others have gone to new homes. She is a second generation stray bunny and has always lived in the garden in a shed with her parents. But a few months ago the parents were taken by the fox and she has been on her own ever since. When this happened I put her up on rehome as a felt very very sorry for her, she would have been better off at the rspca. She now comes in the house to play often.
Whiskey is up to date with vaccinations but she hasnt been spayed. If someone wanted her and was willing to look after her post op, her current carer would pay for the op. She resides in Hampshire in Waterlooville to be more precise. As to whether she is laid back or not im not too sure I know she lived happily within her family before they were lost but who knows with different bunnies but she is very lonely. Breed wise she looks like a medium lop, white with fawn butterfly spots but im sure she is a total mongrel-multi pedigree.

Honestly she needs lots of love and attention as she is relatively unused to human company, just other bunnies. I wanted to add her to my pair of buns but finance and space and uni commitments meant I had to say no. She is independant but is never nasty or bites she is also very pretty.

Poor Whiskey, it sounds like she's had a tough few months :(

I'm very tempted..... my main concern would be whether she would bond with my other two :roll:

i just went to see whiskey at my boyfriends house and she is now obese! He has no idea about bunny care, she lacks exercise and a proper diet.
Im really very worried. On the 19th of September I move to cambridge so I have to help her before then. I can definately pay for her spay operation but i live with my parents and cannot have her here to recouperate afterwards. I also drive and will transport her if someone wants her. If i cant find a solution I will have to take her to the rscpa, not so bad as i know they will pair her up with a boyfriend and get her to a good home.
Im putting her back on rehome as of tonight, any ideas about sanctuary's in hampshire anyone?

Hi Emma

Did you get the PM I sent you?

I would be very happy to offer Whiskey a long term foster home at the least. I am more than happy to help her recuperate after her operation and pay for any bills after then.

Please let me know if this is any help to you.

Kind regards

Amelia

I have been looking on rabbitrehome for a few months now. Maybe its cos I remember the days of job interviews but when I see adverts that are a few months old I kinda presume that people have forgotton to take them down, maybe this is a wrong thing to think but I just thought I should say from someone who has been looking over the last few months on the rabbits pages.

amber

got your pm amelia, that is a really kind offer, i have sent you a reply.
Because her owners dont want her and have no interest if you took her they probably wouldnt have anything to do with her again, but i see the sense in finding someone to look after her properly until a home can be found.
In my experience of bunny bonding though, if let her mix with yours and they get on you'll find it very hard to separate them.

Thanks for your comments Amber, its good to know what the users think. Currently each buns details have an 'added date' and an 'last updated' date. When the details are updated/changed the bun goes back to the top of the list. Now and then I go through and contact people and find out whether older bunnies have been rehomed or are still looking. There are 300 or so buns on at the moment tho so its takes a while.

Tam

I am probs just being naive because when I saw an advert for Wilson bunnie I kept ringing up each day wanting to know so I presume all other bunnies just get snaped up!

Hehe, it depends on the bunny. Some barely make it on to the site before they are snapped up (ask Adele ;) ) others wait months and months.

Tam

Back