• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG I have reached Daisy's petplan limit in 3 months!! :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I've never done that. That's £2000 in 3 months :shock: so I now have to pay EVERYTHING myself until next August :( :( :( credit card will get a hammering then!! :(

Crikey. We did once reach Ted's limit but fortunately we weren't too far from the end of his policy year so we only went a couple of hundred pounds over. Are you expecting bills of the same magnitude or are things better?

It's scary to think how quickly and easily you can run up that sort of bill. Is that mainly just with consultations, simple diagnostics and meds?

Crikey. We did once reach Ted's limit but fortunately we weren't too far from the end of his policy year so we only went a couple of hundred pounds over. Are you expecting bills of the same magnitude or are things better?

Things are currently much better, luckily! I still have to pay £90 every other month for her metacam though... :( I will just have to hope she doesn't need many consultations in the next 8 months!!

It's scary to think how quickly and easily you can run up that sort of bill. Is that mainly just with consultations, simple diagnostics and meds?

The injectable metacam didn't help, that was £70 for 10mls, which only lasted a week! :( we had 4 of those, I think, then I got a 20ml bottle at double the cost, which I haven't actually opened...!
Other large costs were the blood profile, X-rays, and urinology, on top of the GA for bladder flush. Then she was admitted for the day a few times, for fluids etc.. it soon adds up! :(

Things are currently much better, luckily! I still have to pay £90 every other month for her metacam though... :( I will just have to hope she doesn't need many consultations in the next 8 months!!

Thank goodness you've found it so much cheaper!

Back