• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now Marmalade has 'wet tail'.....

Toast&Marmalade

Young Bun
Off to the vets later.....I can't believe how unlucky my little girl can be. I'm exhausted with worry about her. I discovered her wet bum about 7pm, spent an hour washing and clipping her last night, dried her, and then later on discovered a big wet patch on her fleece (by kneeling in it).

I'd never heard of wet tail until I sat down at about 9pm to research why she was wet!

Jo
Xx

Last edited:
Off to the vets later.....I can't believe how unlucky my little girl can be. I'm exhausted with worry about her. I discovered her wet bum about 7pm, spent an hour washing and clipping her last night, dried her, and then later on discovered a big wet patch on her fleece (by kneeling in it).

I'd never heard of wet tail until I sat down at about 9pm to research why she was wet!

Jo
Xx

Oh dear, I hope the problem is something relatively minor such as a slight UTI. Sending lots of vibes for her xx

Only a small wet patch on her fleece this morning and a dry bum!! I put Sudocrem on the inflamed patches last night and they look like normal skin this morning.

Still going to the vets of course, but she's not in the mess I thought she would be thank goodness, bless her heart xx

Last edited:

Jo
Xx

Hi Jo

Many vibes for Marmalade and strength for you to try and stop worrying so much.

I hope the vet will find nothing much and help her quickly xx

Many thanks x

The vet is treating her for cystitis and has prescribed anti-inflammatories twice a day (Metacam) and some topical cream (flamazine). No antibiotics at this stage. She has 3 days of Metacam and then we have to see how she is after that. (He also shaved her 'bits', which was good!)

Yet again, she has to stay in the shed and can't be next to Muffin (now in a whole new set-up of his own!), so the nightmare bonding continues to be set-back ..... :(

Jo
xx

Many thanks x

The vet is treating her for cystitis and has prescribed anti-inflammatories twice a day (Metacam) and some topical cream (flamazine). No antibiotics at this stage. She has 3 days of Metacam and then we have to see how she is after that. (He also shaved her 'bits', which was good!)

Yet again, she has to stay in the shed and can't be next to Muffin (now in a whole new set-up of his own!), so the nightmare bonding continues to be set-back ..... :(

Jo
xx

Oh no, sorry about the bonding :(

Hope she gets on well with the Metacam :)

Many thanks x

Jo
xx

I hope that her cystitis will clear up quickly, topping up the vibes for her xx

Thanks guys xx

Another dry night, and cream duly applied this morning (her skin is looking very good now). Praying it all continues for her....(and us!)....xx

P.S. The Metacam is now on some treaty bits of food which I know she won't be able to resist during the day :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys xx

Another dry night, and cream duly applied this morning (her skin is looking very good now). Praying it all continues for her....(and us!)....xx

P.S. The Metacam is now on some treaty bits of food which I know she won't be able to resist during the day :)

Good to hear - all the best for today :D

Back