• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strawberry igloo bed - anyone ever used these?

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
Has anyone ever bought this kind of bed for their bunnies? I'm tempted to buy a couple to see what the bunnies think of them but I was wondering how securely made they are. There are loads of people selling them on ebay.
I think some of my buns might like them, Pixel and Jazzie in particular but I was wondering if the single entrance might be offputting for the others? Do you think they'd feel trapped or secure?
Anyone ever tried them?
s-l1600.jpg

Don't forget, bunnies chew. So make sure it's digestible and okay for them do so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what's worrying me. That's why I'm wondering how durable they are. Aside from Pinot mine aren't bad chewers but bunnies are bunnies :p Pixel doesn't seem to chew anything but I want to try to bond him with Snowflake soon and I'm less certain about her :roll: Though she's looked after her fleece blanket, so maybe there's hope for her :p

Last edited:
When we've had indoor bunnies, we've always provided an igloo for them. They do chew around the edges sometimes, but after a while they left them alone. Late Alice wouldn't go in one, she preferred a plastic dog bed with a huge cushion.
Whiterabbit.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Snowy loved them.

They're really small :) good for guinea pigs though
They seem to come in three different sizes, small medium and large (though I will admit I haven't measured them yet as I'm still hunting for a tape measure :oops:)
Pixel is only tiny, I dare say he will fit in one at least :p
When we've had indoor bunnies, we've always provided an igloo for them. They do chew around the edges sometimes, but after a while they left them alone. Late Alice wouldn't go in one, she preferred a plastic dog bed with a huge cushion.
Whiterabbit.jpg
Oh wow she looks adorable!! :love:
Maple found and curled up in my dogs new bed just after we bought it a few months back (before we gave it to him). A fleecey type one, very soft. She absolutely loved it. I was planning to buy a small one for her. Unfortunately I never got that chance. I know she'd have loved it :cry:

I've got one, the rabbits aren't too bothered about it though. With mine the base is removable so can be washed if they pee in it, pay attention to the sizes too because some may be too small. If your rabbits are big chewers then they probably will destroy it, luckily mine don't. You can get them dirt cheap on ebay anyway, I went for a more expensive one because in the picture it looked deep purple (like my living room) but when it came it was lilac like all the rest of them so the seller gave me half of my money back

With pictures as adorable as that hijack away! :p
Wow, he's beautiful. He looks really happy in there. I have a feeling that Pixel at least would love one. I think I'll buy one for now and see how it goes. They're all indoors and I can monitor them easily enough. If they seem to be destroying them I can always take them away. If it goes well I can buy more.
Thanks everyone :)

Whiterabbit.jpg

isn't she just perfect :love:

I had an igloo years ago, it belonged to a major chewer but he never chewed it(probably because it was his not mine)

I have one for my rats, they arent the best quality, pretty flimsy. Not sure what size ive got as it was a gift but its deffinatly not rabbit sized xxx

I have a couple which I will give to my guinea pigs when I get them.

My rabbits would definately chew them. G.pigs will have them for lap time only.

Back