• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At the end of my tether with my buns!

moi

Mama Doe
My outdoors ones. A while back they started peeing and pooping in the corner of there run, I tried blocking it off but they just peed and pooped as close to the corner as they could. I didnt really want a litter tray as its really difficult to get into that corner, but I caved in and got a little wooden hut and put a litter tray in it. All was good and it seemed to be working, untill recently. They are now peeing and pooping right near the little hut, again I tried cutting it off but they do it as near as they can. So today I put another litter tray where they are now peeing etc, and they are going out there way to do there buisness outside of the tray! Its a ****** to get to that part of the run, and although I am trying to get it all, the wee against the wood is starting to smell! Tonight they are shut into the shed as Ive given it a good clean and splashed disinfectant everywhere. I shall let them back out but I do not know what to do.... arghhhhhh x

So this morning I put some puppy panels in so they cant get to the 2 bottom corners of there run and then let them out. I stood watching from my doorway. They literally ran out, sniffed the puppy panels, parked there bus near the puppy panels and peed! x

Still having this problem. Its got to the point that my garden smells as the wee is getting deep into the wood. So Ive removed the run, blitzed the whole area, and created a huge area made with puppy panels. The only problem being is it doesnt have a lid so they are confined to the shed whilst Im out and at night. Within 5 mins of being out guess what they did... peed in the corner! But with the puppy panels I can rinse the wee and poops away twice daily without having to put my back out or worry about the wee sinking into wood.

I'm sorry if I'm mentioning something you already know - but with regards to using the litter tray. Have you tried putting the poo's back in the litter tray and dabbing the wee with a tissue and placing that in the litter tray as well? It can take several weeks of persistence before they come round to the idea. What sex are the bunnies? Are they neutered? How long have they been bonded? :wave:

Yeah Ive tried everything, they do poop and wee in the trays but for some reason have taken to doing it just outside too. They have been bonded for 3 years, both males and both neutered. Ive come to the conclusion they are just being little shites! lol Ive even sat and watched them from my window, they willsit in the litter tray and come out of it, wee on the floor then go back to there buisness. Grrrrr. The smell was getting so bad I was worried how the neighbours would feel about it. Now its all fresh and although they are still doing it its easier to clean x

Back