• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe £13.99 on Amazon ....advice on keeping 🐰🐰warm in cold weather x

Jellybean

New Kit
Snuggle safe £13.99 on Amazon ....advice on keeping 🐰🐰warm in cold weather x

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have just received my snuggle safe, 13.99 from Amazon. I think this is a really great price, I might be wrong, so appologies in advance if this is the case. It's freezing fog outside at the moment here so I'm pleased that it arrived today, I'm hoping that my buns are warm enough out there, I think I may re evaluate my shed layout to make it a bit warmer out there for them. Any suggestions on how you bed your buns up in the cold weather would be very much appreciated. I have a shed with inch think stable rubber matting on the floor and 3 ft up the walls, the roof is insulate, just got to finish the middle sections of wall before the real freezing weather comes in. They have fleeces and a ramp up to a mesanine level so that they can see out of the window. They seem to sleep up there. There's also a hideaway in there that's raised off the ground too. I will take pics tomorrow. What's everyone else's set up? Hope that your all well 😊🐰

Wow it sounds really good!

The main things are keeping drafts out and making sure they have somewhere to hide away if they want to, so you seem to have it covered!

Mine seem to sit in the middle away from snuggly boxes etc :lol:

Ours are also outside in an unheated shed without anything on the floor really other than an extra layer of wood and a thick layer of hay. Their 2-storey hutch is also in the shed (permanently open door) and their bed chamber is stuffed with straw, which is warmer than hay. I make sure that I bank the hay up the doors at night to stop any draughts and they don't have access to their tunnel/run at night in the winter either, so they're a bit more snug. They have been having 2 snuggle safes but tonight I'm putting in a third, and they'll all go together so it'll be a nice warm patch for them. And they seem fine :)

Point to note - the weather is due to change over the next day or so and we're forecast to have 60mph gale force winds, so batten down the hatches as of tomorrow, in preparation :)

Thanks guys, my rabbits do lay In between the boxes and beds during the day and they sleep on the raised platform at night, or I see them up the and then in the morning they must be on the lower level so I'm totally unsure where they sleep really, I just put the Snugglesafe under a small table that's boxed in by another wooden house/bed, with a fleece on top so that little area stays warm, they have the option to stay warm if they need to but my boy has a huge coat and my girl not so, im sure he will keep her warm though as he loves her dearly. It's awful when it's so cold outside but they seem happy in there xx

Back