• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vhd2 vaccination cost?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering how much everyone has paid for the vhd2 vacc? Vets near me didn't have it in last time I went but I just called to ask about it and they're charging £72 per vaccination which seems high when they charge 45ish for the combi. Just wondering if that's the normal sort of price!

Just wondering how much everyone has paid for the vhd2 vacc? Vets near me didn't have it in last time I went but I just called to ask about it and they're charging £72 per vaccination which seems high when they charge 45ish for the combi. Just wondering if that's the normal sort of price!

There's a lot of info regarding cost etc on this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456446-RHD2-Vaccine-*UPDATED*-26TH-October-2016

I should scroll through and start at the end :D

There's a lot of info regarding cost etc on this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456446-RHD2-Vaccine-*UPDATED*-26TH-October-2016

I should scroll through and start at the end :D

I had a quick look but its a bit of a pain on my phone to go through a really long thread. I'm going to have a better read of it once I go on my laptop but theres a kitten asleep on my face atm so I'm stuck :lol: so figured I might as well ask here too while the shock is fresh in my mind!

I had a quick look but its a bit of a pain on my phone to go through a really long thread. I'm going to have a better read of it once I go on my laptop but theres a kitten asleep on my face atm so I'm stuck :lol: so figured I might as well ask here too while the shock is fresh in my mind!

Oh how sweet of the little kitty :love:

Yes it is a long thread and you have to pick out the info. At least it's all in one place!

I found the vaccinations for £25 whilst shopping around. Not at my 'normal' vet though - that was almost £40 per rabbit :shock:

I use two vets. One (the one in question!) is in walking distance so I tend to go there for vaccs and very minor things. I have another vet I use for the birds and anything more serious which are cheaper and better overall but I don't drive so its about £18 in taxis. One round the corner has always been more expensive so I expected about £40 which I'd have paid.

I'd understand £70+ if it was London or a well off area but I live in Middlesbrough and the vets is in one of the cheapest areas!

You're very lucky, then. How much do the charge for the combi?
I think I paid about £35 each for the combi.
I had a quick look but its a bit of a pain on my phone to go through a really long thread. I'm going to have a better read of it once I go on my laptop but theres a kitten asleep on my face atm so I'm stuck [emoji38] so figured I might as well ask here too while the shock is fresh in my mind!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly I paid about £23 per vaccine to have mine done and that was at the RVC in London. That was a pleasant surprise as I had been mentally bracing myself for it to be a lot more! :shock:

Wow...I know there's bound to be variation but £72 seems extortionate! That's the most expensive I've heard of by some significant margin - I think £57 was the most expensive I'd heard before now. I would definitely query that with them, that just seems really OTT if it really is per bunny (if it's filavac, it comes in a pack of 5 but they are individual vials - I wonder if they've based the price on a pack purchase). In my signature I think there's a link to our map which plots vets we know about who have the vaccine - it might be worth you looking and seeing if anyone else nearby has it and asking them how much they're charging, either to see if your normal vet will drop the price or to consider whether to go somewhere else for it. I don't normally advocate chopping and changing vets but frankly for that price I think I would!

Wow...I know there's bound to be variation but £72 seems extortionate! That's the most expensive I've heard of by some significant margin - I think £57 was the most expensive I'd heard before now. I would definitely query that with them, that just seems really OTT if it really is per bunny (if it's filavac, it comes in a pack of 5 but they are individual vials - I wonder if they've based the price on a pack purchase). In my signature I think there's a link to our map which plots vets we know about who have the vaccine - it might be worth you looking and seeing if anyone else nearby has it and asking them how much they're charging, either to see if your normal vet will drop the price or to consider whether to go somewhere else for it. I don't normally advocate chopping and changing vets but frankly for that price I think I would!

I did query it and they called back and said it is £72 per bunny. I know the vet I use in Stockton have it so it just means going there. Their kitten vaccines are average priced though!

I started chopping and changing with the rabbits because their OOH was awful but started doing it with all animals when they wanted £550 to xray my cats leg before any treatment. The Stockton vets operated on her and fixed her up for £350 total (and didn't need an xray because the vet could tell what was wrong right away!).

I don't mind paying a little bit more for the convenience of being able to walk there but they just seem to be getting worse and worse with the prices now.

I got it for £16 at a vets in Darlington if you could get there?

The other vet I use is in Stockton so I'll just have to take them there for it if it's cheaper. I just wanted to avoid the trauma of taking them in a taxi just for a jab but it'll have to be done!

I was £40 per bunny which seems slightly expensive compared to others on here, but £72 - eek!!

I use two vets. One (the one in question!) is in walking distance so I tend to go there for vaccs and very minor things. I have another vet I use for the birds and anything more serious which are cheaper and better overall but I don't drive so its about £18 in taxis. One round the corner has always been more expensive so I expected about £40 which I'd have paid.

I'd understand £70+ if it was London or a well off area but I live in Middlesbrough and the vets is in one of the cheapest areas!

£25 *was* in London! and a well off area - though not the one I live in :lol:

Mine were only £15 each!! Poor you! :( my vets said they were treating it like they would a booster, and so not charging the usual consult fee, as they'd already charged that for the combi vacc :)

The RVHD2 vaccinations we've just had done were £35 per rabbit - which I though was a bit pricey considering that the combined normal vaccination is £35 - didn't quite get their pricing. They did do a proper health check etc though so not complaining too much. £72 is way over priced though :shock:

I live in Redcar and our local vet charges £40 per jab, same as the combi. And they recommend the booster too, so it's quite pricey. I have to admit that I haven't had our girls done yet, purely because - and this sounds awful - but I can't afford it. I'm hoping that now we've had quite a cold snap that the bugs which carry it have been mostly killed off and so I'll get them done in the spring, but at the moment I really can't afford it. It's £80. I can't justify that when the direct debits/mortgage take priority. I just can't.

Back