• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are we building today?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I've been doing a bit of wood work. Nothing exciting and not yet complete.

The first bits were just some panels to enclose part of their outside run so they have more shelter if decide to stay outside.

This is another practical item, but should be of more benefit to them.... can you guess from this terrible picture what it will be when complete?

1bd7e10c44ca6cbf163dffdda71fd929.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've been doing a bit of wood work. Nothing exciting and not yet complete.

The first bits were just some panels to enclose part of their outside run so they have more shelter if decide to stay outside.

This is another practical item, but should be of more benefit to them.... can you guess from this terrible picture what it will be when complete?

1bd7e10c44ca6cbf163dffdda71fd929.jpg

Errm...... no :lol:

Phoebes make up box ?
[emoji38] she just steals all mine. Eyeliner is her favourite.

So it was actually a jump box. Not exciting but I made it from scratch with my own two hands and it's actually come out flat! I still need to do some art on the side to help cover the fact it's cheap chip board but still :)

9bf87bff0db3c24eb9e741048a7bf1ee.jpg

It did come out higher than I planned by about a half inch but this should mean the girls don't keep toppling over their step and waking us up with the thud.

Thanks.

Their appreciation consists of me standing in the kitchen freezing because they want to be in the garden even though it's only -2degx

Well done - how long did it take you? x
A couple hours as I had to use a jigsaw to cut a straight line (not easy). The painting it took up the most time and made it an all day thing (I put the carpet on this AM).

A couple hours as I had to use a jigsaw to cut a straight line (not easy). The painting it took up the most time and made it an all day thing (I put the carpet on this AM).

Sounds like quick work to me :D (I couldn't do it in a year of evening classes :lol:)

Looks great to me! Good job. How did you do the circles? Also did you glue or screw it together?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Looks great to me! Good job. How did you do the circles? Also did you glue or screw it together?

On their den?
We made that from an old divan base :)
Cut the circles use a jigsaw. It's all nailed together so taking it apart for any transport will be easier

[emoji38] she just steals all mine. Eyeliner is her favourite.

So it was actually a jump box. Not exciting but I made it from scratch with my own two hands and it's actually come out flat! I still need to do some art on the side to help cover the fact it's cheap chip board but still :)

9bf87bff0db3c24eb9e741048a7bf1ee.jpg

It did come out higher than I planned by about a half inch but this should mean the girls don't keep toppling over their step and waking us up with the thud.

How did you make this?

Both. It looks amazing!😀

The den (with holes) is just half an old divan base. Cut ply to side to cover the top & sides. Cut in the circles using a jigsaw.
We just used small 30mm nails to fix the boards to the ready made frame from the old divan base. (Just ripped off all the fabric covering). Topped with carpet tiles cheap from B&Q.

The step is made from chip board and some square posts (can't remember the name of it). It's simply a 10 x 10 piece of wood cut to 23cm height.

4 of these "posts" then nail the sides and top to them to create a box shape.
All again with 30mm nails.
Topped again with carpet tiles.

I hope I explained this okay? I can have it all in my head but explaining it is difficult :)

Back