• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is a few good brand name on rabbit wheel chair and what are the considerations?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
A rabbit friend of mine in France just become disabled, can't use her rear legs. I need a few links that makes good quality wheel chair for her. Preferably the wheel chair co. to be in France or UK.

Also, what are the factors to consider when buying a wheel chair for rabbits?

Please help

Can her vet not recommend one to her (has the rabbit seen a vet??). I would of thought they may have advised one if they thought the bunny could have quality of life with one.

Whilst not in the EU, here's a good site with suppliers that ship worldwide and have some good advice. She needs to be closely working with her vet though to identify where the support needs to come from, and the right type of chair for her rabbit. For instance, is it a hip injury, spinal?

The wrong type of chair with support not in the right places can quite possibly cause the rabbit pain elsewhere - and since it puts a lot of weight/pressure on the front legs, they do need to be strong enough to cope with this. Not all bunnies take to chairs sadly, but some can cope quite well. It's also important to consider whether the rabbit can reach it's back end properly to clean itself, but most importantly, be able to eat it's cecotrophs. Best of luck to her and her bunny.

http://www.disabledrabbits.com/wheelchairs.html

Last edited:
Back