• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ec - some questions

weedug

Mama Doe
My dear Mr Bubble has been diagnosed with ec. Unfortunately, it has caused a cataract in one eye and damage to the other. He gets around ok, but can crash into things at times.

I assume smell is very important to him, so how do I do the deep cleaning for ec without disorientating him?

Also, he is inside. How do I clean the rugs properly?

Last question, is it possible for a dog to catch ec from a rabbit?

Sorry for the silly questions :oops:

My dear Mr Bubble has been diagnosed with ec. Unfortunately, it has caused a cataract in one eye and damage to the other. He gets around ok, but can crash into things at times.

I assume smell is very important to him, so how do I do the deep cleaning for ec without disorientating him?

Also, he is inside. How do I clean the rugs properly?

Last question, is it possible for a dog to catch ec from a rabbit?

Sorry for the silly questions :oops:

You could use a steam cleaner, steam will kill EC spores just as well as a disinfectant :)

It would be unlikely that your Dog could contract EC from Mr B, unless your Dog is very immuno-suppressed in some way. Whilst it is not 100% impossible for a dog to contract EC from an infected Rabbit it is very, very rare.

You could use a steam cleaner, steam will kill EC spores just as well as a disinfectant :)

It would be unlikely that your Dog could contract EC from Mr B, unless your Dog is very immuno-suppressed in some way. Whilst it is not 100% impossible for a dog to contract EC from an infected Rabbit it is very, very rare.

Many thanks Jane. I didn't think about a steam cleaner.

Back