• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Very Lucky Rabbit!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Please say hello to Winter

He was taken to a vets to be put to sleep as his owner no longer wanted him:cry: Luckily the vet said no and asked round for rescue space for him.
We have taken him and what a darling he is :love: He loves a fuss and loves his food hoovering up everything I've given him
Sadly he has sticky eyes so hoping its not his teeth.
He is going for his vacs and health check on Friday so we will know more then

Greens? oh yes please! :D

So pleased your vet acted as they did, he's just lovely. Hope vet visit goes well for you Winter, beautiful boy :wave:

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can dispose of their animal like turning off a light.

Thank goodness there are people like you. Beautiful boy. :love::love::love:

Thank goodness they didnt just dump him. It is amazing that they would ask to have a perfectly healthy animal pts ... oh dear. Glad he is safe now.

Gorgeous,I wish bad luck on the owner that would destroy a rabbit.

Not everyone is aware that pets can be rehomed, at least they took it to a vets rather than throwing out of a car window.
Personally I hope they were made aware of alternatives and responsibilities and will act with more care if they plan on future pets.
Rabbit rescue centres like to know what sort of a home bunnies are going to, pet shops and backyard breeders don't give a stuff. I for one had read up before taking in our two, but I was not wholly aware of how much time they take up. Compulsory cleaning and feeding time but also voluntary, sitting outside in the cold with them and now of course nursing and worry time.
Our "breeder" keeps her rabbits in 3ft hutches with no run, she said they get to run in the garden but I can't prove or disprove that. Except to say that her garden was not rabbit safe.

Back