• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can always rely on rabbits to let me down!!!

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Little tinkers :lol:

I went to see my family this weekend - I left first thing Friday morning, leaving hubby in charge of the dogs, rabbits, budgies etc. Just as I was leaving he decided to through a wobbly about it all - he was just worried because he was working long hours all weekend...but I had organised the dog walker/pet sitter to come in for walkies and feeding so I said "don't worry - they will be fine!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

I got a text from the pet sitter on Friday evening at around 6pm saying that Holly was quiet - she didn't eat all her food but had drunk some fresh water when put in - but she wasn't acting mad when the food came in.

So I text hubby who was able to leave work early - he got home to find Holly was very ill indeed - hardly responsive and tummy bloated. So he raced her into the emergency vets who got her onto meds straight away and kept her in overnight - they transported her to Trinity the next morning. Poor little girl ended up having a very bad ear infection :( - she had shown absolutely no signs of it all though so it's very strange.

She has responded remarkably quickly to antibiotics etc - and is back at home now, shoving Sheldon out the way to get to the food :lol:

And I have promised hubby to only go away when he is off work :lol:

Oh you must have been so worried, rabbits are so sensitive at times but thankfully she is more or less back to her normal self.

They pick their moments so well, don't they Fellie!

Sorry this happened, especially when you were trying to take time out to see your family. Glad to hear Holly is improving and hope it continues, wee madam! xx

We need help with our 10 year old bunny he is slowly deteriorating we do not know if it is his age or statis. Can we get the medicine for him or do we have to go to the vets

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We need help with our 10 year old bunny he is slowly deteriorating we do not know if it is his age or statis. Can we get the medicine for him or do we have to go to the vets

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You need to go the vets really - they can give him a health check and advise on what he needs. Do make sure you find a rabbit savvy vet - you can email RWAF for a list of good rabbit vets in your area. hq@rabbitwelfare.co.uk

At least she's alright now and at least you know your petsitter is on the ball! At least it wasn't the lovely Bobo who loves vets :)

Last edited:
At least she's alright now and at least you know your petsitter is on the ball! At least it wasn't the lovely Bobo who loves vets :)

Yes :shock: - we tend to run in with him, shove the carrier at the vet and run away VERY quickly :lol: (just joking - it's usually the only chance we get for a cuddle with him :love:)

That must be worth it just for a quick cuddle although you have to face Bobo's wrath afterwards!

Glad to hear all is well that ends well! The first time I took Nicholas into boarding, we met on the stairs, he panicked & dashed down them, losing a toenail in the process. He was ok but very uncomfortable, I had to explain all of this to the lady at the boarding place [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back