• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wild fluffy bun family

Hi all, a few pics of a wildie family living near me. I go there quite a bit and watch them, they seem to ignore me now but ran at first.

There are at least two adults, one sub adult and three kits I have seen. They live in a horse paddock but I don't think the owners mind as the warren is in a blackberry patch away from the horses.

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Would make my heart very happy to see these where I lived :love:

My mum has a narrow boat and some mornings you see the little wild bunnies come out

I'm worried about them, the government is releasing Callesi in a week or two about 20km away in a market gardening area. Hopefully my floofy family is far enough away. I want to rescue them and if anything happens it will break my heart.

The black one is very aware of me :)

I'm worried about them, the government is releasing Callesi in a week or two about 20km away in a market gardening area. Hopefully my floofy family is far enough away. I want to rescue them and if anything happens it will break my heart.

What is Callesi?

Hi there, how sad for your wildies. Hope they survive. It's a horrendous disease. Peta had a tweet about the Australian government releasing it. I didn't think you were allowed to keep pet rabbits in Australia.

Goodness, it's Hazel, Blackavar, Fiver and Bigwig! :D
What lovey photos! Makes me homesick for my three half wild/farmed bunnies that lived on the road near my hosue in Alaska. I wonder if they've survived the cold so far. The youngest was only a wee baby back in May. :(

I am sorry to hear about the pathogen release. You would think that there had been enough outcry by now to stop all this. Are wildies really that much of a problem there still? (Not that it makes it right, but I'm trying to understand why politicians still think they can control something with biological weaponry and not fear it eventually becoming a human problem as well. :? )

Just sad that there's not a better answer, certainly for the rabbits. :cry:

Goodness, it's Hazel, Blackavar, Fiver and Bigwig! :D
What lovey photos! Makes me homesick for my three half wild/farmed bunnies that lived on the road near my hosue in Alaska. I wonder if they've survived the cold so far. The youngest was only a wee baby back in May. :(

I am sorry to hear about the pathogen release. You would think that there had been enough outcry by now to stop all this. Are wildies really that much of a problem there still? (Not that it makes it right, but I'm trying to understand why politicians still think they can control something with biological weaponry and not fear it eventually becoming a human problem as well. :? )

Just sad that there's not a better answer, certainly for the rabbits. :cry:

They are releasing it up in the market garden areas, they would be a problem there. My floofy family is no harm to anyone. I'm hoping being 20 miles away they might be OK.

Rod

Back