• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting another hutch and attaching to the one I have?

ROLOPOLO

Young Bun
Hi, some people may remember me, but I haven't been quiet since Rolo and Polo (my username bunnies) passed away.

Now let's get on to the subject of this thread!

I have 5ft two tier hutch-It is the right size as it's two tiered. (please don't say it's not as I have checked!)
My rabbits free range the garden 6-7 hours a day but the rest of time they are in the hutch as our runs wire mesh has come away.
I have been looking at getting another hutch that is attached to the one I have with a strong tunnel (possibly a runaround one).

The hutch I've been looking at is approx. 2m long and has an open bottom for the grass as the other hutch is above ground.
It is a used hutch but is in good condition and it also comes with accessories as the owner is completely clearing their bunny items. (bag of science selective and lots of toys, hideaways, igloos, bowls, water bottles etc.)
They are also practically giving it away for free, it's approximately 15 miles from me and I really think the bunnies would love the addition of more space as they are so hyper!

I would love to find out what you guys think and if it's a good option.

PS. Please don't tell me to get a shed as their is no possible way that I can. :D

Thank you if you commented :D

Joining isn't too hard, you could go for a tunnel or if the heights are right cut a hole in each, push them together and bolt all the way though to hold them in place :)

Back