• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this run safe?

I'm thinking of getting this for my bunnies to attach to their 7x5 shed: http://media.mediazs.com/bilder/lux.../400/248789_freilaufgehege_4eck_spitz_1_7.jpg It's got plenty of room and head height which is important because my bunnies are quite big! However, my main concern is the bar spacing. I've seen a lot of similar runs being sold online and some rabbits have gotten their heads stuck between the bars and have died. The bar spacing with this run is 3.5cm, I would be so distraught if anything happened to my bunnies, so if anyone can ensure this is safe or not I would really appreciate it. Thank you :)

I don't have any experience of that particular run but I'm sure there are people on this forum who have - so I'll leave it to them to help you with their experiences of it. Well done to you for doing your homework before buying though :thumb:.

My advice would always be to go for a wooden run with small gauge mesh. Although more expensive, they are so much sturdier/heavier and therefore safer than the metal runs. Yes, there have certainly been instances of rabbits getting their heads stuck through metal runs - and also of dogs/foxes running into them. Sorry, this doesn't answer your question about this particular metal run.

It wouldn't be safe enough if a fox came into the garden. Wood and mesh runs are much safer. I think you should be able to find examples in the Housing Section.

As others have said. I'd go for a wooden & mesh one.
You can get them fairly cheap like liberta (I've never had problems with them) but I'd always double mesh for extra security against predators. http://www.worldstores.co.uk/p/Libe...gle-shopping&gclid=CPD2jdqEzNACFdS4GwodTE4EQw

Or.... you could contact Boyles Pet Housing / Manor Pet Housing about having a bespoke run made to suit bunnies needs. This way you can have a custom made height, length & width to suit the space available.

My advice would always be to go for a wooden run with small gauge mesh. Although more expensive, they are so much sturdier/heavier and therefore safer than the metal runs. Yes, there have certainly been instances of rabbits getting their heads stuck through metal runs - and also of dogs/foxes running into them. Sorry, this doesn't answer your question about this particular metal run.

This :thumb:

Back