• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think blitzen has had a setback

The buns were out this morning and we noticed a really sloppy poo on a box which blitzen had been sat on. When i checked him he was all wet underneath again but im not sure if its wee or poo. Ive sponge bathed him and cut his fur back again just in case. Do you think its the water infection coming back because it was not fully gone. I have a weeks worth or baytrill what molly gave me last time for if it started back up after the 3 weeks course, but he seemed recovered. Im going to keep a close eye on him and if hes wet again later i think im going to start the baytril until i can get him the vets monday. I hope this isnt all starting again. On a plus though he was loads better with the washing and fur cutting this time.

Oh no, poor Blitzen. Let's hope he's just over-indulged himself on something and it was a sloppy poo. If he's wet again later could you phone Molly's practice to ask whether to use the Baytril or not. I'm thinking that they may prefer you to hold off until they see him on Monday, when they might want to do a urine test and the Baytril would possibly confuse the results?

How long is it since he finished taking the Baytril?

The buns were out this morning and we noticed a really sloppy poo on a box which blitzen had been sat on. When i checked him he was all wet underneath again but im not sure if its wee or poo. Ive sponge bathed him and cut his fur back again just in case. Do you think its the water infection coming back because it was not fully gone. I have a weeks worth or baytrill what molly gave me last time for if it started back up after the 3 weeks course, but he seemed recovered. Im going to keep a close eye on him and if hes wet again later i think im going to start the baytril until i can get him the vets monday. I hope this isnt all starting again. On a plus though he was loads better with the washing and fur cutting this time.

Morning WS :)

I'm sorry to hear this, but there again it may not have been him? best check the others as well in case he sat in something. You're probably right and it was him, but easy to assume ...

Did you give them anything different in their food last night, or more of anything? Does Blitzen have a particularly sensitive tummy?

Omi its a month since he last had in (approx) Mightymax he doesnt have any problems really, normally. My husband has told me he gave them green beans that have been in the fridge ages and id forgot about them. He said there was only blitzen that ate it. I dont know if that would effect him.
Thanks joey&boo.

Omi its a month since he last had in (approx) Mightymax he doesnt have any problems really, normally. My husband has told me he gave them green beans that have been in the fridge ages and id forgot about them. He said there was only blitzen that ate it. I dont know if that would effect him.
Thanks joey&boo.

No more surprise brown blobs for you? :)

Last night blitzen jumped on the poofy and did a mucosy poo. H e hasnt been wet since but ive now cut his pellets down and he he just having hay. He has been doing normal poos since but im watching him like an hawk. I dont know what could have caused this.

Last night blitzen jumped on the poofy and did a mucosy poo. H e hasnt been wet since but ive now cut his pellets down and he he just having hay. He has been doing normal poos since but im watching him like an hawk. I dont know what could have caused this.

Hopefully it's something he's woofed too much of? Is he behaving completely normal otherwise? How's he reacting to just having hay?

I think im going to have to take blitzen the out of hours vet. He looks poorly. Hes been out and about this morning and eating hay and readigrass but the other 3 buns have just been boucing round the living room and i noticed he hasnt been in for a while. Ive just checked on him and hes all hunched quiet. Hubby gave them pellets so i dont know if hes ate any but he wouldnt take hay or brambles for me either. Ive give him metacam now to see if there is any change, but i think with the mucousy poos it might be stasis. He bit me twice while giving him the metacam, drawn blood too so i know hes not his self.

I think im going to have to take blitzen the out of hours vet. He looks poorly. Hes been out and about this morning and eating hay and readigrass but the other 3 buns have just been boucing round the living room and i noticed he hasnt been in for a while. Ive just checked on him and hes all hunched quiet. Hubby gave them pellets so i dont know if hes ate any but he wouldnt take hay or brambles for me either. Ive give him metacam now to see if there is any change, but i think with the mucousy poos it might be stasis. He bit me twice while giving him the metacam, drawn blood too so i know hes not his self.

Oh no I'm really sorry WS :(

Please post back later how he is? xx Good luck xx

ive rang and they said keep him where he is for now, but advised to try infacol, pineapple juice and syringe feeding, to try and avoid extra stress. Any sign of going down hill and bring him straight in. Off to asda now with my step dad

ive rang and they said keep him where he is for now, but advised to try infacol, pineapple juice and syringe feeding, to try and avoid extra stress. Any sign of going down hill and bring him straight in. Off to asda now with my step dad

More vibes WS.

I will check first thing in the morning and hope things are OK xx

ive brought the quad that blitzen is in, into the living room and im staying up all night. If they are in the hutch i wont know whos poo is whos, so ive set a pen up with the door open and the other 3 are running about and blitzen is sat watching them. They keep going in checking on him though. Need to keep my self awake now.

I know some people think pineapple juice is good for breaking up matter that may be stuck in their gut. Many years ago I gave a sick bunny pineapple juice and it was too sweet and too acidic.

He wouldnt touch the pineapple or the juice. Ive finally got him to take some water just now, holding the water bottle to him and he drank for ages. He has ate 3 slices of apple too. Im all wide awake now because hes taken some water.

I missed this yesterday. Sending loads of vibes for your lovely Blitzen. It certainly seems connected to the problems earlier in the week doesn't it.

he hasnt done a poo that ive noticed for a couple of hours. He had 2 apple slices at 6.30 and i tried to syringe feed him but got more on myself than in him so only about 2ml. Ive phoned the vets back and they have said to take him in and he will probably be admitted. Im really nervous about this because with it being the weekend i phoned PDSA and i wouldnt normally go there. I know tis might sound insulting but with it being a charity do they still give a high quality of care.

Back