• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing but not pooing in litter tray.

Henry_Dixie

Young Bun
I've had my new bunny a week today. He is a 12 week old French lop. He will use his litter tray to wee in but will pop all over the floor! Is there anything I can do to stop him doing this?

Just keep putting the poos in the litter tray .. however most people would be happy with the weeing in the tray as poos aren't smelly

I recently added to my bunny collection with a beautiful baby boy english spot and when he came he pooed and weed everywhere which I wasn't used to as all my others are impeccably litter trained. The first step for me was getting him to wee in one place which yours is already doing. That took a good couple of weeks but was my priority. Once he was doing that I've just been clearing poos up and putting them in litter trays. Every day there's a few less for me to clean up :) patience is the key with toileting training :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When should he be ready for neutering? I have bonded him with my other neutered male so I'm guessing he should be done sooner rather than later to avoid mature hormones kicking in?!

My Rex does just the same! She is a bit hit and miss with the litter tray. Ive learnt patience is key, even if it means scrubbing the carpet every day! Has he been neutered, that always helps.

:)

As tulsi said once his balls have dropped they can be done. Some rabbits drop at around 4 months but mine were nearly 5 months old before they dropped, I think a lot of vets recommend waiting until 5 months anyway. Apparently giant breeds take longer to grow so I'm not sure if it takes longer for them to become sexually mature too

My two boys have NEVER kept all their poos to their litter tray. They'll never wee on the floor but think nothing of pooing the run when they are bouncing around the shed. :roll: :lol:

Back