• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When a senior bun raised her ass higher than normal height on occasion when pee, why?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I notice my Dutch bun, about 9 year old, on somewhat rare occasion, raise her ass higher when she pees. I work mostly at home, so I watch her pee action for a long time. I would say this began a few months ago. But it doesn't happen often. What exactly does it mean when they raise their ass higher before they pee?

I notice my Dutch bun, about 9 year old, on somewhat rare occasion, raise her ass higher when she pees. I work mostly at home, so I watch her pee action for a long time. I would say this began a few months ago. But it doesn't happen often. What exactly does it mean when they raise their ass higher before they pee?

I have found this to be the case where there is stiffness or arthritis in the back legs.

oh, that could be it then. But what is stiffness going to do with raising her ass higher?

No idea really, just something I've observed over the years. It must be something to do with not being able to position themselves correctly because of joint pain. Looks odd I know, and sometimes goes over the edge of the litter tray :)

Back