• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Billy can come home

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I had a missed call from our out of hours vets earlier so I've just rang them back and our lovely Billy is ready to be collected :cry:
We have just put up a new bookcase so we can put him on there with a few photos. We have had over 300 photos printed so it's going to be hard to choose the best two or three.
We have had so much going on with Sylar this week that Billy has really been pushed to the back of our minds. I feel awful and so so guilty. My poor boy :(

You did the very best for Billy, as you are doing for Sylar. You are a great bunny mum and you shouldn't feel guilty. I hope bringing Billy home will help you.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

When Toffee came home earlier in the year, I put his little casket next to my favourite photo of him, on a low shelf. I've added his little knitted teddy, and a tiny vase with dried lavender in ( he loved to nip the flowers off in the garden). It's in the same room as his sister Treacle, so I think they are still together. It felt better having him back.
I hope you feel the same when Billy comes home xxxx

Oh Roxy ((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))) just posted to your other thread about Sy, I wish I could do something to make it better for you. Don't feel guilty, Billy is there with you in spirit and he knows what is going on.
It's always hard when they come home that last time. Tooey is on our mantle and I touch her memorial every day. I pray she knows how I miss her and wish she were here with us. She would've really liked this place...but for the rain.

I hope things will get better for you soon. xxxxx

Thank you again everyone.
We are trying to pick out a nice photo (we got hundreds printed) but we get about 2 photos in and we just crumble. It just doesn't seem right to be doing these things.
I think that me and my o/h have decided that we can't be an animal people. We are both so distraught that we are barely even functioning. I'm averaging about 2 hours sleep a night at the moment and I nearly burnt my house down earlier because i wasnt thinking straight :shock:
I love animals and I give them absolutely everything and I'm struggling so much with losing Bill and dealing with Sylar being poorly :(
I'll never say never because I'm only 26 but I really don't want anymore animals :( ... maybe in a few years time I will be able to deal with grief in a better way but for now I'm going to concentrate on the ones I've got left.

Hi roxy, I'm so sorry you are both struggling at the moment. Grief is a terrible thing. I'm 62 and suffer badly whenever I have problems with my pets. I once told my vet that I couldn't cope when they got sick or passed away, and didn't think I wanted to keep them any more but my vet said I was really just the type of person who was perfect for caring for them. Animals need someone who can feel empathy with them. Really roxy, you are just a perfect animal carer. Lots of love. xxxxx

He's finally home. There were a few tears when we went to collect him but I feel better now that he is back where he belongs. Billy used to lie on a blue star rug and we've ordered a little blue star shaped clock to hang above him... that arrived today too.
Thanks again for all of your support :love:
Xx

Last edited:
He's finally home. There were a few tears when we went to collect him but I feel better now that he is back where hee belongs. Billy used to lied on a blue star rug and we've ordered a little blue star shaped clock to hang above him... that arrived today too.
Thanks again for all of your support :love:
Xx

I'm glad Billy's home :love: Love and hugs to you xx

I think it helped me when my bam came home. I placed him on my bedside cabinet and I would have the most wonderful dreams about him binkying full of health. I still hurt for him every day and he passed away in June. I put all my energy into loving and spoiling my other rabbits and I cherish every moment with them. ... I am so sorry for everything you have been through. I fully understand, my bam passed away and then week later i was at the vets with Charlie for ear ablation surgery and gi status.. I can totally understand everything you have been feeling lately. Xx

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I think it helped me when my bam came home. I placed him on my bedside cabinet and I would have the most wonderful dreams about him binkying full of health. I still hurt for him every day and he passed away in June. I put all my energy into loving and spoiling my other rabbits and I cherish every moment with them. ... I am so sorry for everything you have been through. I fully understand, my bam passed away and then week later i was at the vets with Charlie for ear ablation surgery and gi status.. I can totally understand everything you have been feeling lately. Xx

Oh wow. Sounds like you have had a tough year too. How is Charlie now? My Hiro had ear ablation surgery too in May. It's definitely helping having him home but I know that I will miss him every single day. The house just feels so empty without him. They are such fragile creatures :( x

Charlie's fine, I have to clean the ear every day which makes me the bad guy. I have to remove the scap over the hole every day to stop it healing as it heals so quick. There are some nice rabbit memorial things on Ebay which can be personalised. There are some nice rainbow bridge sun catchers I like where you can have your bunny and their name x

Back