• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello I'm Claire, Ben's mum !

Claire

Young Bun
Hi everyone

Can I just say I love this site !! :wink:

Well what can I tell you about me and more importantly Ben !!.....
I live with my partner Darren and our very cheeky bunny Ben (named Benjamin Bunny after the Beatrix Potter books).

As a child I always had pets so when we moved out into my first home almost 2 years ago, I found it really difficult not having a pet to cuddle. Unfortunately for Darren his sister is allergic to animal fur so he unable to have pets as a child. I finally managed to talk Darren round into having a pet, as we both work in London we couldn't have a dog and neither of us are cat fans so we settled on a rabbit. As a child I had a lovely Dutch Female called Shandy so I knew what we were getting into !!
It's taken quite sometime for Darren to get confortable in handling Ben but he's getting there.

Ben is lovely Grey Cross Bred bunny, he is just over one year old. He can be very moody but also has a cuddly side to him. Ben and I had our longest ever cuddle on Sunday evening 2 hrs and 10 min !!! he normally gets fed up after an hour and nips me on the arm or leg as if to say that's enough now put me down !!. (he's a mummy's boy)

We have a large rabbit proof garden for Ben to run around, this is also where Ben lives. Our house is on a new development so the garden is just lawn at the moment, we managed to collect lots of piping off the estate (very naughty) which Ben loves to play in.

We are now looking to bond Ben with a female :D I've been looking on this site for help on hutch sizes and advise on bonding rabbits and have received so much help it's fantastic.

I'd better stop chatting otherwise you will get bored :lol:

Claire

Hello Claire, Ben and Darren a warm welcome to the forum to you all. Look forward to hearing all about you all. :wave:

Hello Claire and gang, yay more fellow Kentarians :lol: I have family in Sittingbourne - Park View (near a parl lol)

I am not very far from you anyway, smashing to meet you!

Kara :D

Pics are a must or we wont speak to you :lol:

I will dig out some pictures over the weekend for you to see.

Claire

PS, sorry about the spelling on my first message, spelling has never been my strong point !!! :lol:

Hi Claire & Benjamin Bunny!

Like Kara I am a Kentarian too from Bearsted and my parents live in Hartlip which is quite near you.

I work in London - where do you work?

Don't you just hate the commuting :cry:

I bonded Rosie to Billy after I had had Billy for about 6 months, it can be very hard work but its definitely WORTH IT :D

Welcome Claire and Benjamin (love the name Benjamin !!)

Wow, a two hours and 10 mins cuddle. The longest cuddle I would get from the Robster would be two mins and 10 secs, and that would only be if I took longer than normal to transport him from the house to his outside set up !! He's just not a cuddly bun being held, however, get down on the ground with him and he'll be tickled for ages !!

Kara said:
Hello Claire and gang, yay more fellow Kentarians :lol: I have family in Sittingbourne - Park View (near a parl lol)

Hi Kara

Nice to meet you too !, we hang out in Canterbury all the time as our mad friends live just off the Ashford Road (3 different couples). Our favorite pub is the Bishops Finger by Westgate Towers !

I will get those photo's I promise !!!

Claire

Bunnysam said:
Hi Claire & Benjamin Bunny!

Like Kara I am a Kentarian too from Bearsted and my parents live in Hartlip which is quite near you.

I work in London - where do you work?

Don't you just hate the commuting :cry:

I bonded Rosie to Billy after I had had Billy for about 6 months, it can be very hard work but its definitely WORTH IT :D

Hi Bunnysam

I know Hartlip very well as my cousins went to primary school there, plus I used to live in Lower Halstow which is a small village not far from Hartlip - small world huh! Did you grow up in Hartlip??

I work by Canary Wharf so the journey isn't to bad from Sittingbourne, takes approx 1 hr on a good day. I tend to get home for 6 pm so I have plenty of time to play with Ben in the evenings. Where do you work in London?

It's really good to hear positive feedback from people that have managed to bond rabbits, my vet told me not to bother but this site has told me otherwise so we're going to go for it :) Rosie and Billy are sooooo cute.

Claire

Claire said:
Kara said:

Hi Kara

Nice to meet you too !, we hang out in Canterbury all the time as our mad friends live just off the Ashford Road (3 different couples). Our favorite pub is the Bishops Finger by Westgate Towers !

I will get those photo's I promise !!!

Claire

Well what a small world! he he Bishops Finger, Nuns Delight, an olden but a goodun!!!

My partner and I are getting married just along at the Registry Office near the Westgate Towers and we are going for drinks at the nearest Weatherspoons :lol: :lol:

Hi Claire

No I grew up in Leeds village (as in Leeds Castle not up north) but they moved to Hartlip in 1999. They live at Thatch Cottage which is opposite the church - it is gorgeous round there. I live in Bearsted in my own place with my two bunnies.

My vet said that Rosie may never bond with Billy but I persevered and it took about 5 months but very quickly after Rosie was spayed (2 weeks after healing). I only got her at 12 weeks so had quite a long wait until she was ready for her op. I was like you and was going to keep Billy as a sole pet but after reading lots and visiting sites I realised it wasn't fair on him. He is like a different bunster now and is very content and HAPPY.

I work just off Harley Street near Oxford Circus and it takes 2.5 hours door to door :cry: Thats the main reason I got another bunny as it wasn't fair on Bilsbury (!!) but I get up mega early to spend time with them and am home at 7/7.30pm. I don't have much of a social life during the week, its just them :) If I go away at the weekend to friends they come with me!!

Good luck with your bonding!

Back