• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Found in Cambridge

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

Gumtree ad below - a chap has found a rabbit & is trying to give it away. I've messaged him to see if I can collect it as I have to go to CVG tomorrow anyway so I will take him in to get checked for a chip etc. I've just text him but will try everything to get this bunny safe, he looks too well to be a stray so someone must be missing him.

4b5f06b294603d7c27a07777280dd5d2.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope so, I'm partly posting here in case anyone knows who might be missing him. If he does end up coming home with me he will be about 45 minutes from Cambridge but I'll happily take him back in to his owners if located.

Hi All,

Gumtree ad below - a chap has found a rabbit & is trying to give it away. I've messaged him to see if I can collect it as I have to go to CVG tomorrow anyway so I will take him in to get checked for a chip etc. I've just text him but will try everything to get this bunny safe, he looks too well to be a stray so someone must be missing him.

4b5f06b294603d7c27a07777280dd5d2.png

How kind of you Rowan. I hope you can get him to safety ...

No answer so far, I will wake up early & try to call the guy assuming he has go to work at normal sort of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe! I hope he can be reunited, but if he is a he or a she I may have a space if that turns out not to be the case - but I may not even be able to get hold of the poor thing yet so will wait & see!

Wishing you luck, poor little mite. What a shame that the person is trying to give it away, rather than taking it to the vets and potentially locating it's owner x

We're getting somewhere! The chap is worried someone will use him for dog fights, have obviously reassured him so think I might be on for a collection.

Sorted, to be fair I think the guy is trying to do the right thing, he tried to find the owner & has asked me to take proof of ID tomorrow, he obviously cares about the Bun.

Well he was a PAH adoption in Sept. he's a very sweet boy & has come home with me until / if the vets can get hold of his owner. Unfortunately if not I will need to put him up for adoption, I don't have space for another small male, but he would certainly make someone a wonderful pet.

Well done for rescuing him
I wonder if the "owners" have got fed up with him already
I hope that I am wrong and that he has merely escaped from a loving home

Eating hay & pooping well (a little dark but plenty of them), but litter training needs a little work!

6cff470f0c90c842be641359b2a067ca.jpg

He's gorgeous! Maybe I was a bit judgey of the guy, i took it as he was just passing it on rather than trying to find the owner. I too am intrigued about the circumstances, they hadn't had him long.

As a side note, do you mind me asking about the enclosure he is in? it looks like something I could do for my Sydney who will is going to be coming home today (from the vets) with a head tilt x

Back