• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of Hopping Last Night.

shushubat

New Kit
Last night Me and my wife had a couple of friends over. We were all watching something on TV and I decided to let the rabbit run around with us. The friends I invited over love animals, but had never had a good experience with a rabbit. Well, my rabbit Felly decided he was going to be a show-off. She was calm for the first few minutes and then she started hopping around doing spins and twists and high leaps. We all laughed at her. My friends had never seen a rabbit do that before. I told them that they do that when they are happy. We continued watching TV and the rabbit wanted more attention. She started a nonstop acrobatics routine for maybe 45 minutes. She would wander around, do a spin, take a few steps, do a 180 leap and scuttle off. I even saw her repeatedly spinning at one point. She maybe did 3 complete 360s one after the other. I have never seen her this playful or showing off this much. My friends really got a kick out of it and didn't know rabbits were so intellegent and fun. After about 45 minutes of fun, our friends left and the bunny must have realized that the show was over. She flopped down in the middle of the living room and napped for an hour.

I've seen Felly do her flips and acrobatics, but never for so long. She was really reacting to our laughs... She knew she was the center of attention. I also get really good acrobatics out of her when I let her run free in the back yard.

http://www.webshots.com/search?new=1&source=mdocsheader&words=felly-fell

I'd like to hear related stories...please share them with us all. [/url]

hiya, sounds like fun!! :lol:
My Smokey used to do that, i must admit i thought he was a bit mad or scared, nice to think he was just happy :)
thanks for that

Last edited:
my two love to Grand Prix around the front room :lol:

It lovely to see them binky around and know that they're happppppppy

What a great story!! Hope Felly didn't have a sneaky sip at your tipple! Only joking :lol: I have visited your webshots. CUTE..CUTE..CUTE

I see Los Angeles there as well. When we were there we visited San Diego Zoo. Fab!

Aww what a lovely story to share. Felly sounds like one happy bunny. Sooty (a Netherland) used to make a real racket when he was younger when he did the bunny 500's round my bed/living room (twas a studio flat) he used to bounce off the sides of my bed, go up and over everything possible and do this for about 15 mins at a time. He'd then all of a sudden stop sit down and look arund at me as if to say 'what you laughing at? I didn't do anything' ah such a sweetie, he does still binky about although not so much now. Caspers binkies were sooo funny to see, a full grown tubby lop doing a binky is a wonderful site to see. Its so great that they can let us know they are happy by doing this.

Angela

i appreciate all the funny replies. I sure get a kick out of the stories. It seems that they have varied states of excitement too. Sometimes I might be lucky to see a single flip. Sometimes you can tell that the rabbit is showing off.

:lol: that is so funny! Dandi is a bit like that, but not as exstream! When you go outside in the garden, she goes into her run downstairs and hops around to have a nosey!

Back