• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed asap

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
So milo and Rory have been successfully bonded for a few months now. Rory is nearly 7 month old and is well and truly playing up. She is weeing on our sofa eating everything and constantly humping poor milo. This was ok until the last couple of days she constantly humps his face and he's fed up now. He jumps whenever she goes near him and I've come home a couple of times to find he has pulled some fur from her bum. She's due to be spayed in just over a week. Should I seperate them or just let them have it out. I don't want to damage their bond. They still lay together groom each other and eat together happily x

I was just going to ask if she was spayed, if you can keep them together if I would, it depends on how if it turns into biting etc, my rosie tormented mowgli so much he jumped on bed with me to get away, I thought there bond was broken he was petrified of her, so I had eough told them sort it out and put them in bathroom while I listened from another room, went in and they where all loved up again, bunnies lol

Can you bring her spay forward a week? If it were me I would separate them and wait until after she has been spayed before putting them back together.

I'd leave them together provided it doesn't escalate & he can get away.
I'd also try to bring the spay forward.

Leave them together unless the fights escalate and as others have said, try and bring her spay forward if you can. If you break their bond by separating them you may find it difficult or even impossible to re-bond as not all rabbits re-bond, so only separate unless you really, really have to.

Thanks for the advice everyone unfortunately it's not possible to bring her spay forward and I will actually have to postpone it. The earliest the vet can accept her is 845 and I'm a teacher. My children arrive at 845
:/ dunno what to do x

Thanks for the advice everyone unfortunately it's not possible to bring her spay forward and I will actually have to postpone it. The earliest the vet can accept her is 845 and I'm a teacher. My children arrive at 845
:/ dunno what to do x

I have this problem too with being a teacher...and sometimes spays/neuters sadly don't always time for half terms etc!
I have explained this to my vet, who have been great in accepting my bunnies the night before (and not charging me for the overnight stay). I provide all the things they need...I am very lucky and my vets are super. Mind you...with 10 bunnies, they've had a lot of money out of me! haha :lol:

Back