• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lop sisters - can they make up?

CharlieBee123

Young Bun
Hello ☺

I have 2 french lop sister - Rosie and Daisy. We got them when they were 8/9 weeks old and they lived together fine then one day while in their run they had a massive fight, resulting in Rosie losing a chunk of ear! So they were spilt up and have been ever since. They are both booked in to be spayed in a few weeks but I'm wondering will they make up? I'd love for them to get along again! They have seen each other in passing while outside and they just try and bite each other - do you think adding a boy to the mix could help or not? I'm going to try and bond them in the new year after the ops and hormones have settled but I'm so scared they'll just rip each other to pieces again 😔

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's really hard to say whether thy will be able to live harmoniusly together or not. You will need to give the hormones lots of time to settle before reintroducing them, always somewhere neutral of course. It might work better with a largish male in with them I think this is what I would do personally. You will need quite a big space for 3 large rabbits but if that is no problem then hopefully you will have 2 or 3 happily bonded bunnies. We look forward to hearing updates from you :thumb:

We're getting a giant continental in 2 weeks and I thought once he's been neutered I might try and bond the 3 of them. We'll see how it goes. I'm so nervous about the bonding process think I've watched to many bonding goes bad on YouTube haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They can - but it took me 5 years to get my (dwarf) lop sisters back together again. :shock: That took introducing a boy too - but he died about 6 weeks after they'd bonded. :( I now only have one of the sisters left. But also, I have groups with a more unrelated females than males who live harmoniously, and another pair of lop sisters. I also had another pair of sisters break down here - now in 2 separate groups.

Saying that, they could rebond without a male, and equally, adding a male could mean you have 3 rabbits who don't want to bond - or a pair and one left out. It comes more down to personality.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

I think you have more chance of the 3 bonding than not. Preparing the area where they will be bonded is important and always put the man in first. It must be an area where the 2 girls have not been! Come back nearer the time for more advice and support.

Back