• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor bunny??

nicola

Young Bun
If i had a indoor cage for a french lop if i put vetbed in the bottom instead of wood shavings would that be ok?

My rabbits are so distructive, I bought lovely things for them, even lined the shed with Lino, its all ruined!!!! :roll:

My bunnies indoor cage is lined with newspaper and they have towels in there, though they kick it all out the way and sleep on the bare base!

I use shredded paper in my indoor bun's cage. They often kick it all out the way and lay on the base, like yours do touie.

Louise

I have been experimenting with the Vetbed and litter tray idea this weekend. The buns love the vetbed. Very cosy:)

I wouldn't recommend white though. It's pretty dirty even after 12 hours.

I line the cage with newspaper. Then when I change their hay (everyday) I put the old hay on the bottom over the paper. They still rip the paper up but I think thats because its winter here and cold.

Wood shaving are good as long as they are not from treated wood. Also make sure its wood that isn`t toxic to bunnies incase they eat a bit of it. I don`t use it as Shadow and Bugzee would have it all over the floor when they are out and about in the house :!:

I have photos of there house just added. I have used a towel and cloths pegs to give them a second level :) I have there hay in toilet roll tubes pegged to the cage to keep it off the ground. I use newspaper to line their toilet boxes too.

bronie

Branwen's hutch is lined with newspaper then has hay on the top.

Never though to line her litter tray with newspaper, thanks for the tip. It should make cleaning it out easier.

surley a indoor cage the type you can buy is not big enough, there a very large rabbit. If hes to be left in it all day i think its much to small. Whot about a large dog cage. When i had a french lop he had a 5ft gage for night times and running in the garden all day. val

My 2 bunnys are in a 5 foot indoor cage though I've only seen one shop near me sell them that big!!!

Back