• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Micro chipping help needed!

Duchannes

New Kit
Hi there,

I rescued a rabbit from a center and he has been micro chipped however, Petlog tell me his microchip was never registered and I am not allowed to register him myself, even though I own him.

My rabbit was originally sold by PAH (who micro'd him) so I contacted the store and they dont have a record of my rabbit.

Does anyone know how I can get my rabbits microchip registered? I spoke to my Vets and they were unable to give me an answer, only that they can microchip new which doesnt help me.

Hi there,

I rescued a rabbit from a center and he has been micro chipped however, Petlog tell me his microchip was never registered and I am not allowed to register him myself, even though I own him.

My rabbit was originally sold by PAH (who micro'd him) so I contacted the store and they dont have a record of my rabbit.

Does anyone know how I can get my rabbits microchip registered? I spoke to my Vets and they were unable to give me an answer, only that they can microchip new which doesnt help me.

I'd call P@H Head Office rather than a store, the information from the stores can be unreliable at best. If the Rabbit really did come from them then the micro-chip will be Logged.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies :)

I will try head office - i found it strange they didnt have a record in store as im pretty sure PAH "make" you register your pets on purchase.

@Tanzypan, yaa I asked the vets and petlog and it was a no go because the chip isnt registered.

Hi, When you bought him did you buy him from the "stock" bit or the "adoption" bit??? PAH use Peddymark and I can give you their details if you need them but how it works with PAH is when you buy the rabbit your details are input on the microchip form and then its sent to Peddymark for them to update the details of the microchip.... it becomes more complicated when its an adoption rabbit (ie: a rabbit that PAH didn't microchip or the chip is registered to other owners) Head office will direct you back to the store where you got the rabbit and that store should be able to help you... even if it means contacting peddymark themselves, if you don't get any joy let me know and I will see if I can help

Hey,

I didnt buy him, i got him from my local rabbit rescue. He was originally sold to his 1st owner from PAH on the advice he could live with an un neutered buck and was then bullied. PAH wouldnt take him back so he was given to the rabbit rescue and i took him.

Ive spoken to PAH (again) and theyve given me a Customer service number to call tomorrow so I will do that and also try with Peddymark - will let you know what happens. Why is it so difficult to be a responsible owner :(

We adopted Honey from P@H's adoption section. She was a store bunny that was brought in with syphilis so couldn't be sold, she was treated and put up for adoption.
She was supposed to be chipped and I think it's P@H's practice to chip all new rabbits but when we adopted her the lady said she wasn't chipped, even though it was on the sign next to the cage. When she went in for her spay I asked them to check and to chip her. I never found out if she already had one or not, they gave her a new chip. I know other animals (and I'm assuming rabbits) can have two chips so at worst you should be able to get him chipped again if you can't get anywhere with the microchip company or P@H.
They can be difficult sometimes :?

They isnt much harm having a rabbit microchipped twice it's mostly a inconvenience for the poor bunny having a injection again with a thicker needle.

I'd do your best to get the current chip registered.
The issue with having a second microchip in, is that its hit & miss as to if they'll scan the one with the details or not...

If you do have a second chip put in, I'd maybe discuss with the vets doing a local anaesthetic to remove the old one.

My bun is registered now :D

I went via P@H customer services and within 10 mins he was registered and listed as mine. Sighs of relief all over. Thanks for all your advice!!!

Back