• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay disaster!!! :( :( :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I got a new bale on Saturday, and left my dustpan on top of it, where it lives under the stairs. I just came to cut the strings on it, and noticed the dustpan was crawling with mites :( :( :( obviously I can't use it, but I'm now panicking, because the place I get my bales is the only decent place around here, and all the other bales there must be the same :( I am going to have to use hay for pets hay in litter trays... it's going to bankrupt me :(

Oh No! How will you get rid of it - take it to the tip? Or are you going to return it - they might not know. Getting good hay isn't easy.

Oh that's such a shame. I've had a few bad bales in the past and always taken them back to the seller to exchange for another one. I remember one in particular had so much mold in the middle it actually took my breath away when I opened it. The farm was very good and gave me another one from a different batch which was lovely so all was good in the end. It turned out they had baled when it was wet so all of that batch was moldy. . Might be worth a try as it could just be the one bale that's got mites.

You aren't a million miles away from where we get our bales from in Greenmount, Tottington, Bury close to Greenmount Cricket Club. So a quick hop off the motorway through Ramsbottom and its not that far. I couldn't tell you the the name only it is off Greenmount Road, car drives itself there :D Sorry I cannot be more specific. They are really good, they pick the greenest bale for our buns.

You aren't a million miles away from where we get our bales from in Greenmount, Tottington, Bury close to Greenmount Cricket Club. So a quick hop off the motorway through Ramsbottom and its not that far. I couldn't tell you the the name only it is off Greenmount Road, car drives itself there :D Sorry I cannot be more specific. They are really good, they pick the greenest bale for our buns.

Oh wow thank you, if I'm desperate I can go there!! :) is it a farm, or an animal feed place, or what?

Back