• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick thank you to you all

Aimee84

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you for all your lovely replies since I lost Smudge suddenly last week after her spay.
I hadn't got round to being on the forum much as I have a 19 month old daughter. We rehomed smudge from a friend who bought three females from a big high street pet shop (you can guess which one). They were sister's and she wasn't told about neutering. Funnily enough they started to fight when they were a few years old and smudge was the one picked on. After much discussion with my OH we decided to take her on, even with three bunnies already, two of which are very elderly. Dillion is 2yrs old and bonded with Khyber who is 10 1/2 yrs. Our thoughts were that we could get smudge neutered and either get her a friend or bond her with Dillon if the worst should happen to Khyber.
Smudge lived next to my elderly bunny Pippa who is almost 11yrs old and has arthritis, she had out lived two partners and didn't tolerate Dillon and we didn't want to stress her.
Think it's sunk in now about smudge, fortunately my daughter is still too young to understand as smudge was her favourite, she loved helping me feed her, clean her out and stroke her so gently for being so young. My daughter has always preferred to chatter to the rabbits and sit and watch them and found their antics funny. Smudge was so gentle with her too, she never nibbled her fingers, which the others do (Eva learnt the hard way as she didn't listen). When the time comes for Dillon needing a friend we will definitely contact a local rescue centre, hopefully some are close by to me, I'm in Farnborough, Hampshire. That way I don't need to worry again about neutering or hopefully the bonding side along with giving a bunny a home.
Thanks again for all your lovely comments x

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you for all your lovely replies since I lost Smudge suddenly last week after her spay.
I hadn't got round to being on the forum much as I have a 19 month old daughter. We rehomed smudge from a friend who bought three females from a big high street pet shop (you can guess which one). They were sister's and she wasn't told about neutering. Funnily enough they started to fight when they were a few years old and smudge was the one picked on. After much discussion with my OH we decided to take her on, even with three bunnies already, two of which are very elderly. Dillion is 2yrs old and bonded with Khyber who is 10 1/2 yrs. Our thoughts were that we could get smudge neutered and either get her a friend or bond her with Dillon if the worst should happen to Khyber.
Smudge lived next to my elderly bunny Pippa who is almost 11yrs old and has arthritis, she had out lived two partners and didn't tolerate Dillon and we didn't want to stress her.
Think it's sunk in now about smudge, fortunately my daughter is still too young to understand as smudge was her favourite, she loved helping me feed her, clean her out and stroke her so gently for being so young. My daughter has always preferred to chatter to the rabbits and sit and watch them and found their antics funny. Smudge was so gentle with her too, she never nibbled her fingers, which the others do (Eva learnt the hard way as she didn't listen). When the time comes for Dillon needing a friend we will definitely contact a local rescue centre, hopefully some are close by to me, I'm in Farnborough, Hampshire. That way I don't need to worry again about neutering or hopefully the bonding side along with giving a bunny a home.
Thanks again for all your lovely comments x

What a lovely post Aimee :love:

Back