• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Scampi bunny!

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
I am sorry to keep on, but I'm having a really tough time of it at the moment.

Foxy is the direct opposite of my other rabbit Cookie, who I sadly lost earlier this year who was basically like a dog in a rabbits body.
Foxy however always thinks the worst, and does not make it easy to pick her up especially twice a day for medication.

What can I do, initially to help with the medication? She is easy enough to give to once she is settled in the blanket, on the side but after that as soon as she sees her hutch she kamikazes for it, and it takes a lot to patiently kneel and put her in without braining her.
Picking her up first, is a nightmare as she dive bombs into her house within her hutch and I have to wait for her to come out a little and make a grab, as gently as possible.

Anyone else struggle with their bunnies in a similar way? Probably because the are pray animals, but it's so frustrating.
Also, does anyone's rabbit dig the floor, tear up blankets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the medication but some people give it mixed into Ella's kitchen fruit or vegetable baby food, or some banana, and if it's given like that she might eat it from a bowl. Digging the floor and tearing blankets could just be normal behaviour, is it something new?

I try adding the medicine to things too because most of my buns dont like being picked up and i end up looking like ive had a fight with freddie krugar afterwards. Ived tried adding it to oats, and a drop of fruit juice if its bayril. I let it dry out a bit and they snatch it up like its treats. Mine will jump onto my knee and on my back any time but dont like me picking them up. Ive had 6 since new born and always picked them up, then they got to a certain age and stopped liking it so i stopped. xx

Back