• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To all of my friends at RU

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I just want to say how grateful and overwhelmed I am at the kindness I have received since losing my boy Billy.

This was meant to be a happy time for us, we had just got him a friend (Bianca) and it was meant to be the start of a happier life for him. I guess that it just wasn't meant to be.

We are beyond devastated and our house feels so empty without him. I don't really know how to get over the loss of a rabbit. Especially not a rabbit as special as my Bilkie. They are very special creatures, I never realised just how special they are and how much they can impact your life if given the chance. I would do absolutely anything for my babies but this time it just wasn't enough.

This forum is invaluable to me. You guys have become my 'bunny friends' and a lot of you have been kinder to me than my real life friends have been. It's not that they don't care... they just don't understand.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the advice, support and well wishes. I value every single one of you.

Holly
Xxx

I just want to say how grateful and overwhelmed I am at the kindness I have received since losing my boy Billy.

This was meant to be a happy time for us, we had just got him a friend (Bianca) and it was meant to be the start of a happier life for him. I guess that it just wasn't meant to be.

We are beyond devastated and our house feels so empty without him. I don't really know how to get over the loss of a rabbit. Especially not a rabbit as special as my Bilkie. They are very special creatures, I never realised just how special they are and how much they can impact your life if given the chance. I would do absolutely anything for my babies but this time it just wasn't enough.

This forum is invaluable to me. You guys have become my 'bunny friends' and a lot of you have been kinder to me than my real life friends have been. It's not that they don't care... they just don't understand.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the advice, support and well wishes. I value every single one of you.

Holly
Xxx

Losing a special Rabbit friend is like losing a part of ourselves. Whilst I know that I cannot take away the pain you are feeling, please know that I truly empathise and understand

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))) xx

I was just so very sorry to read your post this morning. I'm sure you gave Bill a lovely life while he was with you, however short that was. Sometimes we just don't have the answers, and yes RU is a lifeline at times like this, I know from experience, so sorry that you lost him xxxxxx

Holly
Xxx

Hugs to you Holly xx

You know I would've done anything for you and Bill .. and Bianca. I'm sorry I live so far away.

A friend of mine lost her rabbit, and wasn't expecting it to hit her so hard. She said that she felt a piece of her soul had been ripped away. It's devastating and cruel and we are so helpless no matter how we try.

Lovely Bill is playing among the angels. He wouldn't want you to suffer, as he's OK now .. :love:

I'm so sorry I hadn't seen your post about Billy's passing.
I'm very sorry for your loss xxx comforting vibes being sent x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I hope in time you will be able to focus more on how special you made Bill's life while he was with you, right from the time you rescued him from the horrid glass cage in P@H to his special new accommodation and then to his new relationship with Bianca . It is truly devastating to lose our rabbits and we can all empathise :(

This forum is a special community, full of supportive and caring people. I know that when I first woke up this morning I thought of Bill and wondered how he was.

I have no religion. No thoughts or expectations of when I will see departed animals, friends and family again. I do however get comfort from knowing that each and every day that I have my rabbits they are special to me. For the time that I have them, however short, I will make their lives as wonderful as I can. That is what you and your OH have done for Bill. His life was short, but it was a special life packed full of love and caring. A life where you did your very best for him. None of us can do more than that.

I am so sorry you lost Bill. :( The time spent with these phenomenal creatures doesn't translate in any way to how they can worm into your heart. I'm sure he loved every minute with you, and I'm sorry the time wasn't longer. :(

Take care of yourself. Noserubs to poor Bianca too; I hope the loss isn't affecting her too badly.

Binky free, sweet Bill. xxx

You are all so kind and I'm crying even more tears reading these lovely comments.
It's nice to know that out there somewhere there are people that know what I'm going through. It makes me feel a little less crazy and a little less alone.
I miss him so much already :cry:

I hope in time you will be able to focus more on how special you made Bill's life while he was with you, right from the time you rescued him from the horrid glass cage in P@H to his special new accommodation and then to his new relationship with Bianca . It is truly devastating to lose our rabbits and we can all empathise :(

This forum is a special community, full of supportive and caring people. I know that when I first woke up this morning I thought of Bill and wondered how he was.

I have no religion. No thoughts or expectations of when I will see departed animals, friends and family again. I do however get comfort from knowing that each and every day that I have my rabbits they are special to me. For the time that I have them, however short, I will make their lives as wonderful as I can. That is what you and your OH have done for Bill. His life was short, but it was a special life packed full of love and caring. A life where you did your very best for him. None of us can do more than that.

A lovely post I totally agree with.

I've got to admit that Omi's post had a big effect on me and my O/H. I read it out loud to him and we were both in floods of tears by the end.
Thank you Omi, you have a lovely way with words.
X

This forum is very special. Sadly most of us know just how devastating losing them is. It really does hurt like nothing else.
More hugs being sent x

Back