• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raise the Roof!

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
I couldn't go through another winter without a roof on the Conti's run, particularly as I am hoping to get a job sometime soon and won't be able to chase in & out when it rains. So over the last couple of weeks, as and when, I've been roofing the run. I used 1.3mm Corolux Sheets which were easily cut with a grinder & metal cutting disc. I had to buy the grinder, but bought the cheapest Bosch at about £40. All in, it's cost probably around £200 inc. timber, fixings & screws. It was a bloody awkward shape, so lots of cutting to fit! Picture below:

472cec8d49c22864c0a7ce8f19ba3b2f.jpg

They will now be able to free range 24/7 in summer & just be shut in at night during winter. If I can get them to learn how to use the cat flap they can have free access at all times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a very neat job :) We use these sheets over part of the run, but I'm afraid we put them on if it's going to rain and then remove them when it's dry.

I see you have a door into the run, so your run must be taller than ours is at the part where we cover it. Ours is just tall enough for me to climb in to clean, which is why we haven't so far made it permanently fixed.

I couldn't go through another winter without a roof on the Conti's run, particularly as I am hoping to get a job sometime soon and won't be able to chase in & out when it rains. So over the last couple of weeks, as and when, I've been roofing the run. I used 1.3mm Corolux Sheets which were easily cut with a grinder & metal cutting disc. I had to buy the grinder, but bought the cheapest Bosch at about £40. All in, it's cost probably around £200 inc. timber, fixings & screws. It was a bloody awkward shape, so lots of cutting to fit! Picture below:

472cec8d49c22864c0a7ce8f19ba3b2f.jpg

They will now be able to free range 24/7 in summer & just be shut in at night during winter. If I can get them to learn how to use the cat flap they can have free access at all times.

This looks *really* smart! :D

Thanks Omi, for various reasons it's not perfect but overall I'm happy! It's a full height (6ft) run, & being somewhere just shy if 6ft I can walk under it. I need it fixed because otherwise the buns have to be shut in the shed all day if there's any chance of rain (they don't use the cat flap so the main door has to be open) which is no good for them or the shed!

Thank you! The lid is the only fabulous bit at the moment! The rest is a mud bog, but I do have the materials to slab part of it tomorrow hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back