• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet advent calenders?

Mia13415619

Young Bun
So I've saw lost of these in shops for small animals. I've got two guinea pigs, Fudge and Badge as well as misty the rabbit. I was going to get one to make it a bit fun for them but they seem really unhealthy and high sugar treats. Anybody ever used one before?

No, I don't think I would ever buy one. Aren't they often yoghurt drops anyway? Anything with dairy in is not suitable for buns or piggies so I would not feed them even if someone gave them to me!

Hammies and rats can have dairy though so I'd feed them to my ham but I still wouldn't bother, they are expensive for 24 teeny treats and it's not as if the pet would understand anyway! And I love Christmas and don't think I'm particularly Scrooge-like normally :lol: I'd just rather spend the same money on a better quality treat that my pets would enjoy more anyway like some dried forage!

I had one for my rabbit a few years ago but it was a waste of money. I know they're fairly cheap but the one I had had one yoghurt drop in each door so you could get a pack cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gisele graham Christmas tree is a reusable stocking with pockets that you can full yourself every year.My dogs have one each.ebay and amazon have them x

What a sweet idea, advent calender for your pets. As others have said the treats in these commercial ones are usually unsuitable.

How about making your own?

Good luck. Hope you find something suitable for them.

Back