• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please asap

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I started the bond between Bill and Bianca again on Tuesday and all has been good. Until now :( I've come downstairs to do my bonding shift and my o/h was asleep. I sent him to bed and I've been sat watching tv. I got them both a treat and Bill wouldn't eat it, in fact Bill won't eat ANYTHING.
My gut tells me that it's not Bianca, they have been cuddling and grooming eachother all night and are currently lying together under a blanket.
Obviously I'm going to have to take him to the vets but do I need to separate them if he is poorly? They are doing really well :(

I started the bond between Bill and Bianca again on Tuesday and all has been good. Until now :( I've come downstairs to do my bonding shift and my o/h was asleep. I sent him to bed and I've been sat watching tv. I got them both a treat and Bill wouldn't eat it, in fact Bill won't eat ANYTHING.
My gut tells me that it's not Bianca, they have been cuddling and grooming eachother all night and are currently lying together under a blanket.
Obviously I'm going to have to take him to the vets but do I need to separate them if he is poorly? They are doing really well :(

Roxy, as if you didn't have enough to cope with?

I would take them both in the carrier, for sure. When are you going? :wave:

Oh no I'm really sorry Bill is poorly :( I've had this a couple of times recently with Snoopy and I didn't separate him from his partner as I think it's more of a comfort having them with them.

Sending lots of vibes for Bill, I really hope it is nothing serious xx

I'm so upset :(
I've just had to wake the o/h up after only 2 hours of sleep. He's just trying to sort himself out so he's safe to drive :/ I asked him last time he saw Bill eat and he said 3am :(

Oh I don't know what to do now.
My other half is really angry with me for some reason. He doesn't think that there is anything wrong with him and his response is that we should just split them up because he was happier before. He's gone back to bed.
I know that he is stressed and tired but there is obviously something wrong :'(

Oh I don't know what to do now.
My other half is really angry with me for some reason. He doesn't think that there is anything wrong with him and his response is that we should just split them up because he was happier before. He's gone back to bed.
I know that he is stressed and tired but there is obviously something wrong :'(

Have you Infacol and can you do some gentle tummy rubs on Bill?

You've both been through an awful lot, and rearranged your whole lives for the wellbeing and happiness of your rabbits. I feel for you both.

Can you see the vet for a late appointment this evening before they close? xx

Bill is very very feisty. Even the vet struggles with him. I tried to give him some infacol earlier and he just struggled massively, squealed, scratched and ran off. He makes Hiro look easy.

Bill is very very feisty. Even the vet struggles with him. I tried to give him some infacol earlier and he just struggled massively, squealed, scratched and ran off. He makes Hiro look easy.

You need to cultivate a firmer grip with him :) He's obviously not so out of it that he hasn't got some attitude - let's hope that's a good thing x

Bill will have attitude till his last breath, I'm sure of it.
I'm just worried about leaving him. We know that he last ate for sure at around 3am. I've been with him since 11am and he hasn't eaten or drank a single thing :(

Bill will have attitude till his last breath, I'm sure of it.
I'm just worried about leaving him. We know that he last ate for sure at around 3am. I've been with him since 11am and he hasn't eaten or drank a single thing :(

Will OH contemplate a visit to the vet for the late surgery, before they close?

Yes I think so. This is so unlike him :( he would literally do anything for the buns but I think he's just exhausted from it all and he's got a 12 hour shift at work tonight too.
If not I will take him myself in a taxi. Xx

I'm so sorry to see this latest update. I also would not separate them. I know it's an early stage in their bonding, but I have never separated my rabbits whatever they each have had.

If it were me and you can get an appointment, I would take Bill as soon as you can in a taxi. It will mean that he can be examined earlier, get any necessary meds earlier and also it will mean that your OH can sleep until he needs to go to work.

Sending vibes for him. This is really not what you had planned for him this week.

Yes I think so. This is so unlike him :( he would literally do anything for the buns but I think he's just exhausted from it all and he's got a 12 hour shift at work tonight too.
If not I will take him myself in a taxi. Xx

I think either of those would work, depending on your finances ..

Yes I am sure you're both exhausted with it all. It's certainly an odd situation with B&B xx

He's lying in his litter box and Bea just jumped in for a cuddle. She flopped right into him and now she is grooming him. I think that I'll ring the vets and see what appointments they have and take him in.

I've got him an appointment at 4:20pm
Thank you Omi, it really makes no sense to leave him. The vets isn't too far away at all. Xx

I've got him an appointment at 4:20pm
Thank you Omi, it really makes no sense to leave him. The vets isn't too far away at all. Xx

I think you are doing the right thing by taking him to the Vets, he does look to be uncomfortable, poor lad. Do you know if he's poo'd today ?

I hope that he'll feel much better soon x

I've had a quick look in the litter box and I can see lots of big poops but they are hers I think. His have never been quite as big as Bianca's. They are lying in the other half so i can't see but I reckon probably not :(

Back