• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rats vs egg

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
I gave the rats a whole hard boiled egg. They've been having fun with it :D

Excuse the mess, it's clean out day today. It's the only reason I'm letting them have something so messy :lol:

Moose trying to figure out the egg
14963236_10154617727945502_1200020580504940342_n.jpg

14962693_10154617727735502_2069046402522316334_n.jpg

Ace managing to eat a bit before Moose steals it back :roll:
14991983_10154617727470502_7742837002515387776_n.jpg

14992002_10154617727560502_7231097460870903750_n.jpg

How lovely - didn't even know they could have eggs me but I am a bit ignorant regarding rats.

How lovely - didn't even know they could have eggs me but I am a bit ignorant regarding rats.

They love egg :D They love everything really. They normally just get a bit of egg if I'm having a sandwich but now that they're nearly fully grown I thought I'd let them demolish one to keep them entertained. And to keep me entertained :lol:

Awww, did they eat the shell too ?

That's not really messy, you should see what three chinchillas do in 12 hours, honesty the cage looks like it hasn't been cleaned in two weeks. :lol:.

Awww, did they eat the shell too ?

That's not really messy, you should see what three chinchillas do in 12 hours, honesty the cage looks like it hasn't been cleaned in two weeks. :lol:.

I'm not sure if they've eaten any of the shell or pulled it all off in to the carefresh! I'll find out when I clean them out later :lol:

The platform in their cage gets really messy. It's the bits of food from last night that they didn't want to eat and the crumbs from what they did :roll:

I used to be almost phobic of rats - very scared anyway - it's the tails - but a friend's daughter got two babies and I have watched them grow up. Sadly one had a tumour and died and so the remaining one was free ranging in the lounge when I went over with the hamsters yesterday evening. There were some quality street on the coffee table and the rat helped herself (it was taken away before she could eat it), she then helped herself to a whole chocolate digestive. It was really cute. I watched her for a while and could see she is a real character. She was fascinated by the hamsters. I was brave and picked her up and had a cuddle and she was really friendly. I think I am a rat convert now :love:

I've often thought about getting rats.I have had Syrian hamsters for over 20 years and they love a bit of boiled egg.

I used to be almost phobic of rats - very scared anyway - it's the tails - but a friend's daughter got two babies and I have watched them grow up. Sadly one had a tumour and died and so the remaining one was free ranging in the lounge when I went over with the hamsters yesterday evening. There were some quality street on the coffee table and the rat helped herself (it was taken away before she could eat it), she then helped herself to a whole chocolate digestive. It was really cute. I watched her for a while and could see she is a real character. She was fascinated by the hamsters. I was brave and picked her up and had a cuddle and she was really friendly. I think I am a rat convert now :love:

I love the tails! :lol:

Sadly mine aren't that confident :( I fostered the whole litter and mother for the rspca and kept two boys. Mother and 13 babies dumped in a pizza box. They weren't handled until I got them when they were 5 weeks old. They're really confident and friendly in the cage but they're scared out of it. They let me handle them but they haven't really started enjoying time out of the cage yet and I have to pop them in a box or they just panic. Moose will sit on my shoulder now though and they're both quite content with snuggling in to my dressing gown with me. Progress, even if it's slow!

Back