• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Misty deserves a big treat!

Mia13415619

Young Bun
She's been so good this week. Considering she lost the only friend she knew she has behaved so well. Especially today, She's had a poorly tummy, vaccines, a check up, and all on top of loosing Bud. She's very tired and not so hungry now, but I've posted about this and I think she's going to be alright. I'm definitely going to get her a new toy! Ill try and use the image website to get some up to!

Thanks for the help these few days. :D

Aw, that's brilliant that she is doing good. Sorry about Bud. It's hard when you loose a pet.

Do you recommend any toys? My bunnies (mostly Lister) don't play with the toys I have brought :roll: I so any suggestions would be great. Thank you

Thank you. 'Pets at home' do some great Christmas toys now so I might get one of them. In general though misty prefers homemade toys, like I just got a cardboard box once and filled it with straw and hid veg in it- She loved it. I think that it does depend on your rabbits personality sometimes, bud like to chew things, so she like chew toys, and misty liked jumping and foraging so she likes stuff like that.

Hope it helped. :)

Thank you. 'Pets at home' do some great Christmas toys now so I might get one of them. In general though misty prefers homemade toys, like I just got a cardboard box once and filled it with straw and hid veg in it- She loved it. I think that it does depend on your rabbits personality sometimes, bud like to chew things, so she like chew toys, and misty liked jumping and foraging so she likes stuff like that.

Hope it helped. :)

Thank you, I will have a look at "pets at home" but also try both types of toys. So far we tried those "Dumbbells" & a "bell ball" neither of which got played with. They had absolutely no interest at all... I have hidden food in with hay in a toilet/kitchen tube before now. They enjoy those, so forage toys maybe the way to go.

Thank you again

Mine doesn't go for toys either, but bought her a carrot cottage, kept her occupied for hours and days, even when it was trashed and in bits. Know what to get her for Christmas :D

Loo rolls boxes, etc with hidden herbs and or pellets are popular here as are apple branches and other chewables.

My rabbits all loooove branches and twigs of rabbit-edible trees. Hawthorn, apple, and willow especially go down a treat.

My bridge buns weren't interested in shop bought toys,even willow twigs etc and chews,they did like chucking the little plastic"jingle" bell balls around that my wee budgie would chuck around from the top if his cage when he was out.These were actually cat toys.They were lattice effect with a bell inside ,the budgie could get his beak into the gaps and perfect for buns front teeth to pick up too.Cheap as well.Six in a pack from the pound shop.:D

Back