• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet Corner

without_halo

Alpha Buck
Hi was just wondering is there any way I can protect one corner and the door to their sleeping quarters of the hutch. My bunnies use it as their toilet corner.

Any advice would sbe appreciated

Jode

In the hutch we have just made we have used animal friendly varnish to protect the wood.i built up the layers so when you now pour water on it the water just sits on the surface.I am planning that the wood flakes will soak up and liqued sitting in the corners.The only problem with litter pans is that i have seen bunnies throw them around the hutch and they end up no use??

Nicola, I have the same problem with my Rabbit Dandi. I tried to put both a corner and full length litter tray in the part where she pee's and all she does is do her buisness somewhere else, which is now right under her waterbottle.
Dandi is over a year old now, so is there any way I can get her to use the tray?
From
Charlie

I try and get all the rabbits that come through the rescue to use a litter tray.
It doesn't matter how old they are.
It just makes re-homing easier especially if they are going out as house rabbits. Also I feel that if I can send them to their new home with some of their dirty litter then they will settle quicker as it's something that smells of them.
To train mine I always put the litter tray in front of the water bottle so that they tend to sit in the tray and poo and wee while drinking.
If we have a difficult one then try taking some of their dirty litter from were ever they are going and put that in the litter tray to encourage them to go were you want them to.

My house rabbit is great when he is loose in the flat.. only does his stuff in the litter tray.
He has been fairly good in his cage for the year i have had him.. generally wees in his litter tray in there. But recently has decided he wishes to pee elsewhere, usually on his hay so it just stinks!! Ive tried moving his litter tray to that corner but he just moves it out the way and pees on the floor hahahah.. Maybe he just being a stroppy teenager who knows. i keep wiping up the pee and poo and putting it in his tray so hopefully he will get teh idea again soon.
Chris

Try adding a heavy rock to his litter tray so he can't shove it out of the way :wink:

Tam

Claude and miffy are litter trained william is not i have tried everything but he just chucks his litter tray on the other side of the cage. he also poos all over his cage claude and miffy just use one corner.

Back