• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bridge bunny

Casco

Mama Doe
Found photos today of the day we brought my first bun, Benny, home. Wish I had him now as I could give him a much better life than he had as I know so much more about rabbits now - I did buy a book when I got him to learn how to look after him, he was vaccinated and neutered and I made a run for him but that's about where the 'good' points end as he didn't have regular access to the run (and it had no roof!), didn't have a bunny friend and his hutch was smaller than the RWAF standards these days. I remember him being absolutely lovely and very friendly but my memory of him is a bit sketchy as he died over 12 years ago now so I wasn't sure if that was accurate or not but from the photos he certainly looks like a chilled bun considering we had just brought him home!

He was always great with kids (I had my first child just over a year after we got him), my kids now would have loved him :love:

Aww hello Benny, how lovely to find some treasured photos :love: I often think the same about the bunnies I had way back in the early 90's, things were so different back then, we certainly did not have the access to information we do now, even my first bunny book was utterly terrible in comparison looking back on it but we did the best with what we knew at the time xxx

Aww :love:

I always feel the same about my Mitchell and Murphy but I was young and they wasn't the Internet then .
I had a book which is very dated .. but they was so loved and missed still

The internet has been key to my bunny research, after Benny died I didn't have rabbits again until last year (he died in 2004!) and I was amazed at how much info there is now. A lot of info I got from RU, it's been invaluable. Only my daughter remembers Benny as he died when my first son was just a few weeks old. There is one photo that I just can't find but I can remember it clearly, my daughter as a toddler sitting in the run playing with him and Benny behind her with his front paws on her back. Wish I could find that, I always loved that photo!

Back