• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Additional run - where to put it.

Trufflesmum

Young Bun
My two rabbits Truffles and Piccollo live in an outdoor shed with an attached run (6 x 4 ). This is on our patio and has lighting. I acquired another run, a 6 x 6 Omlet chicken run https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/chicken_keeping/walk_in_chicken_run/f/31979937586642657a659afbf85f9034/ which we used while we were bonding and they were living separately. Now I'm not sure whether to fix the new run to the existing run so they have lots of space on the patio or whether I should place it down on the lawn. If we do that we will have to put the buns in a pet carrier to take them down there and back again. If we did that I would only use it when we're around to observe as we live in quite a rural position and have badgers in the garden, the occasional fox and wild rabbits. I'm not sure what they would like best :? Any thoughts?? Thank you.

I would put it next to the other run as you have badgers and wildies coming in. All on the patio :thumb:

I'd attach it to the other, or use a run around system so they can get to the grass area without being transported and just shut it off over night/when not home.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your advice and decided I will be less worried if they are on the patio. I've attached the runs together, so they now have 10ft of run. Truffles can now do full speed binkies so well worth it.

rabbit%20run_zpsmmztnndn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Binkies are those lovely moments that make you feel like your bunnies are saying thank you. I like to pretend they are reserved for when I am with them.

Back