• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vets with RHD2 vaccine: please can you let me know of any

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

As some of you no doubt already know, I'm running a map which plots vets who are reported to have the RHD2 vaccine. When we first started out, we were pretty much bang on the number of vets who had import certificates.

Now, we have around 600 practices on the map, which gives pretty good coverage around most areas, but the VMD says that 2025 import certificates have now been issued. This means that there must be lots of vets out there who have ordered or got the vaccine but who we don't know about. So if you know that your vet or another vet has the vaccine in stock or has ordered it, please do let me know and I will add them to the map.

I'm particularly keen to fill in some of the bigger gaps in the map to help people minimise the distance they need to travel, and to get updates on some of the earlier pins which are still showing as 'on order' from a few months ago. Please do either post here, fill in the 'contact us' form on the website or send me a message if you can help. My internet is running very slow at home at the moment so it may take me a few days before I can make any updates, but I will make them. Thank you in advance!

http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk

Last edited:
Wylie in Upminster are already on the map, but it's showing as 'vaccine on order' as of 15th Aug. It should now be in stock (unless they ran out again of course) as my two had theirs in September.

I'm not sure if you're recording cases of rhd2 as well, but it was on their fb page recently that they'd had a confirmed case.

Thanks, I've updated them to in stock. I started to write to all the practices which have been listed as 'on order' from August or earlier, but Facebook decided after I'd sent about half a dozen messages that I must be spamming people and has blocked me from doing so :( So I am completely reliant on people coming back and telling me that practices now have stock, so thanks :)

I'm not sure if you're recording cases of rhd2 as well, but it was on their fb page recently that they'd had a confirmed case.

Thank you :( Yes, I am, although I'm not up to date with those yet so that part of the map is currently hidden from view. Our internet is playing up at home so I can't make any significant amendments at the moment in case I break it and don't notice :lol: But I will make a mental note to update when I'm back sorted, thank you.

Last edited:
St Anne's Vets in Eastbourne are on there but the info isn't quite right: they don't have it on order any more it's available now. (I went this morning for the myxi jab and got told to book in for RHD2 in 2 weeks.)

Marske Vets, Marske-by-the-sea, Redcar, have the Filovac vaccine as far as I am aware (they did a few weeks ago anyway). They are in Marske-by-the-sea and not Redcar, please note, when you pin the map :)

Gentle reminder for anyone to please tell me of any vets they know of who have the vaccine. We've now got one in the Republic of Ireland too, which is great news as RHD2 has been confirmed in Wicklow and Clare recently, so even if the practice we know about is the only one so far (I don't know if it is or not), it does suggest that the mechanism exists for them to be able to import it. Hopefully other vets will follow suit soon.

My vet - Companion Care in Farnborough - has it but only had two doses left when I asked. Hoping they'll get more in soon but I know they have a certificate for it as the receptionist told me the head vet had had to obtain one. Hopefully they'll get more soon.

Edit: Nevermind, just realised it's already on the list :oops:

Last edited:
Back