• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks & Outdoor Buns

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Hello,

I have a rabbit, Foxy who lives outside and always has but with now being older I'm worried about the fireworks.

She is in a spacious hutch, with a hideaway inside, blankets, fleece and a 13.5 tog duvet down the front and roof with a hutch cover.

What is everyone else doing?

I thought about turning the hutch around, facing the fence so she isn't open to the garden.

Thank you

Unless the fireworks are actually in Foxy's garden then I wouldn't do anything different. We had 3 extra loud bangs last night but the rabbits didn't thump or anything, and last Saturday people let off lots of fireworks 2 gardens down but the bunnies weren't frightened. I looked out and they were just sitting quietly. As long as she can retreat to a safe place inside her hutch she should be fine.

Thank you. Foxy has this house inside her hutch, which is where her snugglesafes are and blankets etc.
8589fd8faca37f6c81dd492abd158aaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry too much, changing things might upset her more than the fireworks. We had some pretty close here last weekend and I checked on mine using the bunny camera (they have a shed in the garden) and they didnt even look up from their hay!

Looks like you've already got her nice and snug :D The only other thing you could do is put a radio on to drown out the noise, but if there's no where near her hutch to plug it in/keep it dry then don't worry :)

Thank you all. I've done all I can to make her comfortable, including her 2x snugglesafes and her favourite veg and she has all her jingle balls and throw toys to keep her amused. I'm sure she will be okay. Roll on when they invent silent fireworks!!

Absolutely spoilt lol! Foxy is my only rabbit now, and we have Toffee the cat who is mainly a house cat as she doesn't like wind, rain, the cold or too much sun as she has a dark coat and I pretty much spoil them both. It's just what you do isn't it :)

I have a lady in the office, who's little girl wants a rabbit and I'm trying desperately to scare them off as I know it won't get the attention and care or suitable living as she has already seen one of those rabbit prison cells, and doesn't understand why you vaccinate as she's never heard of any rabbit diseases, and that it must be just a way to make money for the vets, which I see as an odd concept.
She only takes her current dog/cat to the vets when it's absolutely necessary, came in last week saying the cats. Even sick 4 times and was shaking, the first thing we all said was 'go home, and get to the vets' she didn't think this was unusual, as kids do that and don't go to hospital.

Anyway, rambling away :)

We gave up hanging a carpet offcut over the front of our playhouse when the people who live in the boats were letting fireworks off in the road (safer than it sounds! I enjoyed wathing them :D) and they were busy eating :lol: Aboleth's ear twitches at every bang but that's all :)

Petra has been more annoyed at dogs on tv than she was at fireworks. Aside from going to the temple last night for prayers, I stayed in with her just in case.

She hasn't even flinched at any fireworks but a dog barks on tv and she goes mental. Bowl flinging and thumping, the lot.

Back