• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be ok?

The one at the top of the linked page looks like a 4'x2' puppy pen, is this the one you are referring to?
Puppy pens are okay to use indoors (we use a larger one) but it is recommended that the bars are covered with a mesh to ensure your bunny cannot get his head stuck between the bars.

I think you already explained in a previous post that space was very limited. Is this going to go in the space under the stairs or elsewhere? Whilst not huge, it would be better than him remaining outside alone.

I too would cover the bars with mesh to stop him getting his head stuck. In addition, it has no lid. Would the dogs be able to get to the pen? If so, they could jump into it.

Yeah sorry should of explained a little better, space is so limited & yeah under the staires. My dogs are only small they wouldn't be able to jump in or anything. I didn't realise it was 4 foot by 2 foot it looks so much bigger in that photo! sorry for all my posts I'm still stressing on what to do. I was going to buy two puppy crates and join them together to make a large one but then thought that this kind of lay out would be better & easier to clean, what if I added a few shelves in there too? would that make it better or is it too small? Space is so limited it wouldn't be forever would just be until the spring/summer x

Earlier l suggested that the pen might be 4'x2', I'm not sure now, it may be larger judging by the under bed storage box/litter tray
Have you looked at the indoor housing sticky?
The puppy pen we use is branded "Savic" and came from Pet planet

I think you already explained in a previous post that space was very limited. Is this going to go in the space under the stairs or elsewhere? Whilst not huge, it would be better than him remaining outside alone.

I too would cover the bars with mesh to stop him getting his head stuck. In addition, it has no lid. Would the dogs be able to get to the pen? If so, they could jump into it.

Hello yeah if I do get one I will cover with mesh, do you think putting shelves in would help or not bother? Also biggest one I've found is 4ft1 by 2 ft 10

It's always good for them to have a few levels to sit on or under byt you can achieve that by using boxes or cheap plastic stools if your DIY skills are not up to much.

It would probably be cheaper to just make an aviary panel, wood frame covered in mesh with a door and make it the same shape as the gap under the stairs. Then the bun can have all of the floor space under the stairs and you wont lose any area, like you would putting something square under there. Ive done something similar to fit an odd shape and give my buns as much floor space as possible, if you can find my thread in the stories section. Its called my buns want to say thankyou

Okay so he is coming in today I've decided to use the indoor cage I already have as a Base & use puppy panels around it for him to have a small run attached he's going into the garage as more room in there, I'll post photos once I've done it. Thanks everyone

Back