• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box - what to put in it!?

Hollip0p

New Kit
Hi all!

What is the best thing to put in a digging box? We've been using shredded paper but both the buns and our dog have started chewing it so I'd like to switch to something different.

Ideally not soil as our buns are in the spare room of our rented flat so something easy to clean is preferred!

Also - what would you say are "must-haves" for your bunnys living space? I really want to give ours a complete overhaul as it seems a bit boring compared to a lot of others I've seen on here!

I either use topsoil or children's play sand in their dig box.
Maybe straw?

I always recommend a feeding line, my girls adore theirs and it makes feeding & foraging more interesting.
Lots of hiding places and different levels to jump on. :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Straw or hay would work well for inside if you don't want soil :) Covering the top with just a rabbit sized entrance hole can help contain the mess too!

I'd say don't worry too much about it looking good just have lots of different things to explore - cardboard boxes are good as you can link different sizes and make dens and tunnels and connect everything up.

Back