• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My acrylic plexi glass has just arrived

Some of you may know my 2 quads go at each others hutches when its their turn out so i wanted something to stop them getting at each other. Even with small mesh i was scared incase they got a claw trapped. I ordered some plexi glass (acrylic sheets) and its just arrived. I cant wait to TRY to put it on the hutch front:lol:. Has anyone had any experience with drilling holes through it without it cracking, i want to screw it. Ive ordered some for the front of my tv unit that i am going to tie to the stand to stop them getting on the sky box but that hasnt come yet. xx

Some of you may know my 2 quads go at each others hutches when its their turn out so i wanted something to stop them getting at each other. Even with small mesh i was scared incase they got a claw trapped. I ordered some plexi glass (acrylic sheets) and its just arrived. I cant wait to TRY to put it on the hutch front:lol:. Has anyone had any experience with drilling holes through it without it cracking, i want to screw it. Ive ordered some for the front of my tv unit that i am going to tie to the stand to stop them getting on the sky box but that hasnt come yet. xx

Sounds awesome W&S :D Can I ask where you bought it from?

I use some against my hutches and runs to keep out the rain and also for the reasons you mention. I haven't had any worries with it breaking though I think I secured it with sideways nails rather than drilling through it.

I love the stuff :D

I have always drilled it and as long as you do it gently and carefully (I use one of those drill bits with the very pointy end) I've never had a problem doing so (famous last words :lol:)

Ive being putting it off lol.. cleaning the buns out first then i will have a go. Im very very heavy handed so i will have to think calm gentle thoughts. :lol:

Not actually done it myself but if I was I might put a bit of masking tape on it before drilling to stop the drill slipping, then drill carefully :lol:

I buy polycarbonate sheets from B&Q and put these round my buns' accommodation, the thinnest sheets are easily punched through with a pair of sharp scissors and secured to the wire with cable ties. They keep the weather out, stopping the wind and rain from getting in and keep the living area remarkably well sheltered.

Ive done it and its turned out great. You cant even tell its there too much. The buns seem a bit more relaxed knowing they cant get to each other. Easiest project ive ever done. :lol:

Back