• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks...

Hi Everyone. I'm not sure if this is going to work but let me know if this is something you do at this time of the year. I have a young pair and this will be their first Nov 5 experience so I'm getting worried about how they will be this weekend. We've had a couple go off this week and Lulu seemed fine but little Leo looked a bit shocked but continued to eat. What I'm thinking of doing is putting a small FM Radio in their hut to make some 'white noise' as I'm hoping this will help a little bit?? I could bring them in but I've a feeling this will stress them much more as they won't know where on earth they are. Do you think the radio option might work? Not sure what station to put it on either but guessing something chatty or soothing. :wave:

For the rabbits I have owned noisy fireworks have never been the problem, it's been the flashes that freak them out. A radio is a good idea but I'd start with it now so it isn't another new scary thing over the weekend. Is there any way to cover them during the worst most flashy times? Like a blanket over the run or something?

Their windows will be covered in solid wood each night so I'll tuck them in as soon as it gets dark. I'm hoping the noise will be muffled with the wooden window covers on and I'll keep popping out to make sure they are all ok and give out treats too.

Back