• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas & Travel

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Hello,

We will be heading to my parents for Christmas this year, and will be taking Toffee (cat) and I would like to take Foxy also (rabbit) as I'd rather she wasn't alone over Christmas.

However, the best I can would be to put her into a Savin Nero 4 cage (see attached) and bring down her play pen.

Thoughts on travelling with bunny - it's 1h 20m.
Thoughts on the cage for a week only?
She is usually in a 7ft hutch.

Thank you
d584b9f930ce6c661d3f4eada847a6f8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've travelled with the buns in that time and they were fine, but she may struggle to settle in new surroundings so take her favourite foods and treats and get her eating as soon as she gets there.
If you can use some pet remedy that'll benefit both bun and cat.

For just a week, I think the indoor cage with an attached pen will be fine as it's not a log term housing thing.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

i personally think it would be fine with a pen attached. it's not for long and it means she gets to be with you :love:

I always take Willow with me to stay at my parents at christmas, she has a pop up play pen in the bedroom with me and has free range of the room when i am in, she is ok after a few days of settling in xx

I think an attached pen would be fine. We travel with our bun for up to a week as I don't like to leave him alone. He has a smaller cage at my parents house, luckily they have rabbit proofed a room so he can be free (although he still gets into mischief).

Thanks Girls, just wanted to check. Foxy would be in the cage when I'm busily cooking, or recovering from too much indulgence lol! I would then pop her into the play pen as much as possible in between. Due to sore hocks, I'm very anxious about her jumping around too much so I will just lift her to/from.

I assume a normal cat carrier would be no problem, as I use for the vets? Let's just hope Toffee isn't too vocal [emoji18].

A cat carrier would be purrfect (sorry, couldn't resist) for the journey. ;)

As long as you are sure she won't find the journey and new surroundings too stressful I think it sounds like a nice idea. :)

I imagine she'll be nervous at first, few shakes of the treat bag and I'm sure all will be fine :)

I imagine she'll be nervous at first, few shakes of the treat bag and I'm sure all will be fine :)

I love taking my rabbits travelling with me. I don't use hutches or pens, but they have their beds and litter trays and have a ball exploring a new place :D

Back