• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT APPEAL PLEASE HELP

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hello, we have been in contact with a lady who has rescued a beautiful Cream Angora Doe who is in an appalling state.
We at Guardian Angels Organisation UK, have offered the bunny a forever home in the Sanctuary having experience of the Angora, but we need some help to enable us to do this
1) A Volunteer to collect the rabbit from LEEDS and bring her down to WORCESTERSHIRE...or a RELAY TEAM of helpers.

2) DONATIONS to cover the costs of URGENT VETERINARY TREATMENT needed for the bunny...she needs various treatment, vaccinations, a clean up and MAJOR CLIP of the fur.
We want to get her to the Sanctuary asap as the bunny is uncomfortable and too stressed to go through typical surgery in our opinion, so we wish to use our local Vet who used GAS to sedate the bunny, as it has much less side affects.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP this bunny if you can, and perhaps she can be our fIRST "RABBITS UNITED" SPONSORED BUNNY.

You can PM me or visit www.rabbitguardianangels.co.uk
and contact me through there, we have an online PAYPAL DONATIONS set up into our Charity account too.
I estimate that the initial Vets bills may be well over £100, so any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you so very much on the rabbits behalf, and she is beautiful....name suggestions too welcome!! :D (NOT "Fluffy" though) ..something pretty and feminine?

Hi Adele, I could help with a bunny run. I am in Shrewsbury but often venture into the South Staffs (Wolverhampton, Wombourne, Dudley) area if thats any help.

Yes BlueBunny it is the bunny from the Link...please DO NOT Blame the lady who currently has the rabbit though, she only got it on Sunday as she wanted to get her away from where she was kept.
I have spoken to her on the phone and she is lovely and doing everything she can to help this bunny, including selling a doll she makes on E BAY to try and raise funds for Guardian Angels to take her on......had to say this, before we leap on the poor lady, who is as concerned for the bunny as we are :cry:
Ange bless you for your offer of help....I will look at the map later and see if we can work things out.geographically..you are a star to offer this help. :D
I will let you know more in next day or so

I wasnt going to start blaming anyone. i was just asking so i could say
im glad i did post the link now she will be in good hands.

sorry Bluebunny I was not implying that you were going to say anything negative, it is just that I know how these type of things can stir up all sorts of emotion for everybunny.
I wanted to ensure that the facts were clear properly in everyones minds :D

Adele said:
Thank you so very much on the rabbits behalf, and she is beautiful....name suggestions too welcome!! :D (NOT "Fluffy" though) ..something pretty and feminine?

"Angel"?

Hope all goes well, would be interested to know where the lady got her from... selling/giving rabbits away in that state is not good and if she is connected to any of the rabbit clubs, they may well be interested to hear about this.

PS: was the photo on FindIt actually of her or just a "generic" Angora photo?

:lol: Too late Sue, she's already got a beautiful Angel, have a look on her site and you'll see. How about Calico, Cally for short. Or :lol: Cubby if she's going to be with Bear. Shantilly Lace is very pretty, Shanters ( :lol: ) for short, or Lacey!

Pendragon..hello...and I will try and find out these details for you, and PM them across ..if i forget please remind me in a few days...I think it may be a good idea to at least have someone check things out :wink:

Adele a donation will be winging it's way to you as soon as I get paid......next Friday!

I hope this will be ok?

Fingers crossed x

Oh Kara you are so sweet and a million thanks on behalf of "Shantily Lace"..love that name Lynda...."Lacey" for short :D

I'm sure it doesn't make any difference to the rabbit herself, but if the photo is actually of her, then she is a Golden Angora (rather than a Cream). The colour is determined by the short hair on the face & ears, rather than the fluffy bits! A Cream would be a much paler fawn on the head, with dark blue eyes rather than brown.

Thought all her admirers and helpers, plus her new owner, would like to know what colour she is! :)

Hi

Hi All

I have finally joined.
Just want to say thank you all, for your concern :D . I am due to report the lady where i got this bunny from (if anyone knows who ireport to please fwd the details to me)
My Husband and i can drive up to 50 miles from Leeds. So if there is anyone around there, that would be great.

For those that haven't seen, here is the piccy...
ANGORA.jpg

Oh what a beautiful sweetheart!!! I can either help by using my "van with windows" :lol: for transport or, if that is all sorted, I will use the money I would have spent on the fuel to make a donation! :D

Where's Wabbity - IIRC she lives in Hull (that's within 50 miles of Leeds isn't it?) but regularly comes down to Peterborough - . My folks live in Peterborough so if it was on a weekend I could collect from there and bring her over to Northants or drop off at someones.
Happy to help, if required.

Oh Wow you are all so wondeful, I have been in tears here as I am so touched with the offers of help and donations.
What teamwork and great Forum spirit, bless you on behalf of Shantily Lace, I think "Tilly" for her pet name... :D
And Lynda...THANK BEAR so very much for you know what...have just received that, bless you from the bottom of my heart....I think Tilly and Bear could be a match made in Heaven....they make for a very handsome couple!!.
Could we have the first Bunny Wedding in the UK...I can hear bells already... :lol:

Thank you so much to Kara, Angela, Lizzie, Julie and the wonderful Kimberly..I will consult a map next and see how far 40-50 miles get us towards Worcester, and then arrange a Bunny Chauffeur Volunteer from there.
If folk can help with transportation, please give me days and times you can assist so we can try and make a rely team of sorts.
David and I can pop out FRIDAY AFTERNOON.....or SUNDAY afternoon/evening ....
otherwise we are stuck as I do not drive myself...CALLING LANY!!!!!! (Midlands run)

Kimberly if you send me details of the Breeder where you got Tilly from (Privately, _ I will pass it on to the appropriate bodies, I know that the BRC does not condone this, as I have just been reading up some of their strict regulations. :D
Ps Thank you Sue for telling us that "Tilly" is a Golden Angora, she is certainly a stunner and we just hope we can get her coat back to its former glory, poor poppet.

If it was a Peterborough run a Saturday would be best for me. In fact any run would be best on a Saturday. I live between Milton Keynes and Junction 15a of M1 if that helps at all.

Hi there...the help we need is between M1 (WOOLLEY SERVICE AREA..how appropriate :lol: )...if Kimberly can get Tilly as far as there...(Saturday??).....and we need someone to rendezvous with Kimberly and come down from Sheffield area...either Leicester area..or better still Coventry...where we will be on Saturday after 5pm!

Hi

Hi all, This is really great that so many people are willing to help. I am don't drive so i am not very well versed with direction etc. As soon as my husband comes home, i will be able to confirm everything, i am sure it should be fine. Weekend will be ok.
Kim
x

Back