• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so animal broody

anaveragemuppet

Wise Old Thumper
It's untrue! We have a Syrian and a Russian hamster, but I'm so broody for rabbits or guinea pigs. My husband wants a dog. It's been 5.5 years since I had to rehome my beautiful rabbit and guinea pigs because of my mental breakdown and health issues, which have since been rectified. But I want MY furbabies back, but m beautiful piggies have all gone to the bridge and I don't know where Zeke is now. I'm so sad.

What about fostering. You may well keep them but at least I you started feeling unwell you have a rescue who takes them back. I know it's not the same as you want your original bunnies back but you did the right thing for them at the time. You could help lots of fluffies since you have a loving home

I'm really sorry, that must have been incredibly difficult for you :(

Is your husband open at all to the possibility of getting rabbits and/or guinea pigs in the future?

My illness were down to post birth complications that meant I couldn't do anything for them, it really was the only way, but it doesn't make it any easier. I had a massive infection in my womb, internal and external stitches, which lasted months and it got worse and worse, I couldn't cope with cleaning them out.

Back