• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn = Happiness *pic heavy*

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I went foraging today, and had a great find. The council has been maintaining the trees, but not taking away the branches. Found a load of hawthorn, and took as much as I could get home. The result? Very happy Wayward Buns. :)

P1070415_zpsjp6ruybi.jpg

Morpheus

P1070420_zpslrens0nr.jpg

Morph

P1070428_zpszxnfcrjg.jpg

Morph and Persephone

P1070432_zpszylqm2cm.jpg

Athena

P1070433_zpsqyhwhu8w.jpg

Apollo and Rivergrace

P1070447_zps0mz0isgp.jpg

Apollo

P1070448_zpsdy918haz.jpg

River

P1070451_zpsjqsouxdb.jpg

River, Apollo, and Athena

P1070391_zpsx9h8mrzx.jpg

Elphie

P1070393_zpskzjdqnvi.jpg

Selene, Morningstar, Helios, and Elphie

P1070396_zpsxynmbhb5.jpg

Helios

P1070409_zpsdpxjmwks.jpg

Morning

Sorry for the picture dump, but I had fun taking the photos. :lol:

That lot will keep them happy for quite a while :love:

I love watching them systematically working their way up a branch stripping the leaves off, before being left with just the bark to nibble.

Hawthorn is the tastiest forage according to Hector!!:
Mine reckon it's second only to willow leaves: they'll strip hawthorn of bark before anything else as well! We've got some dried as that goes down well once the leaves have gone :D

Last edited:
Thank you! I have even more hawthorn now; the rabbits will be pleased.

My rabbits' favourite food is food... :lol: Some have specific favourites - Elphie loves dock, Persephone and River both love bindweed, everybun is very happy when hawthorn and willow is on the menu. Winter will be so sad, in spite of all the dried stuff I have for them. :(

Back