• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny

carys

New Kit
Hi

I am about to get a new bunny/bunnies. This/these will be a house rabbit and currently I have two brothers (who will be neutered when I collect them) and bonded reserved for me. The other option is just one house bunny. I am just not sure whether to get two or one rabbit as house rabbits.

I have had a bad experience with two house bunnies bought together before and they fought so had to be separated.

Given that this is a house bunny and will have lots of attention, will one be ok or does it make for a happier rabbit to be in a bonded pair? What are the chances of a bonded pair falling out and having to be separated?

Please can I have some advise please. Sooner than later if possible as I do not want to loose the reserved pair I have as they are gorgeous.

Many thanks

Cas

Hello and welcome. The problem getting 2 boys is they will probably fall out, it's only the occasional boy pair which carries on with no fighting. You could just get 1 now then when he is a bit older look out for a female. This would work much better.

I got 2 brothers and they've been fine - they were together from birth and neutered at the same time. They are around 18 months old and they've not fought or fell out, just the occasional bit of chasing. I would always go for a pair rather than a single bunny, if you're getting them from a rescue and they did have a falling out at some point the rescue may be able to help with rebonding them or if necessary most will take one of the rabbits back or maybe swap for a female if that's what you wanted.

Back